Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forum Leader,
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ocean front living on the "Banks"! Notice how far the ocean is from the edge of the road (NC12).

·
Insomniac
891 Posts
i havent been down there in ages. i need to come back out there, i love that place. :D

do they still do the hang gliding off the dunes?

·
Forum Leader,
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they do....I finally took the class last year and got my Hang 1 license. Broke one in half in the process though!

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
After this last storm we had...... The beach I live on is almost gone. Might be a bad winter. It's early for the beach to lose it's sand.

·
Vespa Rider
1,199 Posts
I was down there over the weekend. The surf was really good around Rodanthe. If I could only find a job in the area I would move there.

Was the pic taken around milepost 2?

·
Forum Leader,
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SOULRIDER 1K said:
I was down there over the weekend. The surf was really good around Rodanthe. If I could only find a job in the area I would move there.

Was the pic taken around milepost 2?
Yes it was. What kind of job you looking for? Drop me a line next time you are coming down. Especially if you bring your bike.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Looks like that house is in trouble. A couple of years ago, we saw several homes in Nags Head that looked like they were going to go in the ocean in a few years.

Up until this year, with the baby, we were going to OBX twice a year. We have been going to Ocracoke the most for the quiet beaches, fishing and my wife likes the shops. We cannot wait to go back.

·
Vespa Rider
1,199 Posts
Avery said:
Yes it was. What kind of job you looking for? Drop me a line next time you are coming down. Especially if you bring your bike.
It looking for something in Information Systems.

We usually come up once a month or so during the year. In the winter months more. Where on the Outer Banks are you?

I've always been scared to bring the bike because of fears the sand would cause the chrome on the exhaust to pit.

I'm sure I'll be back that way mid-November.:D

·
Forum Leader,
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SOULRIDER 1K said:
It looking for something in Information Systems.

We usually come up once a month or so during the year. In the winter months more. Where on the Outer Banks are you?

I've always been scared to bring the bike because of fears the sand would cause the chrome on the exhaust to pit.

I'm sure I'll be back that way mid-November.:D
It does cause some major pitting. That is why I leave the beach and ride in Currituck and Pasquotank Co. When you come into Dare Co. I live behind the Chev. dealership. Bring your bike sometime. Or if not hollar at me anyway.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
AHH YAH BASTArDS.
i really could of gone with out seeing pics of the islands. i have not been there in years. but i really wanna go back. i grew up in fayetteville and the banks have always been my favorite part of NC.

and in wilmington the last time i was in the states back in jan 01 there was a hotel that a bit of it was hanging over the ocean where the sand got swept away. they had to make a round about there since it was a new mouth to a sound

1 - 10 of 10 Posts