Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some OEM stickers for my f4i. Does one just slap these on, or are they some kind of decal? I vaguely remember remember having to soak deacals in water when I was building model airplanes as a kid. I just ask becasue the sticky stuff is this weird grayish color.

·
Registered
126 Posts
striped said:
I just got some OEM stickers for my f4i. Does one just slap these on, or are they some kind of decal? I vaguely remember remember having to soak deacals in water when I was building model airplanes as a kid. I just ask becasue the sticky stuff is this weird grayish color.

I suggest to ad one drop of dish washer fluid to the water . It will allow the air bubles to come out much better.
Than again , If you never did any vinyl installation and if your stickers where expensive I would ask someone for help.
I've seen a lot of vinyl messed-up by peps that didn't know how to apply them correctly. Is't not really hard once you know how to do it.

·
Registered
607 Posts
use some soapy water and a bondo paddle which you can get most hardware stores and spray the back of the decal and the place where you are going to put the decal and place the decal where you want it and use the paddle to drag across it and it should get all the air bubbles out and the water and soap that is left will evaporate and the sticker will stick fine. the bondo paddle will also get the dirt out from underneath the sticker.

·
Super Moderator
23,510 Posts
Like Marcin said. If you never done it before, it can be frustrating. Even people who apply vinyl for a living can have trouble with some pieces.

·
Raving Lunatic
2,963 Posts
Yeah, If you've never done it before, I'd strongly recommend getting someone who knows what they're doing to give you a hand.

Of course, I'd just leave them off, but that's how I like it. The only stockers on my bike are the Kawasaki decals on the tank, and that's only 'cause they're under clearcoat. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts