Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
911, Here to save your ass, not kiss it!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I'm at work again. This afternoon I received a call from my friend (also a 911 dispatcher) she called to ask if I had heard what was going on.

She proceeded to tell me that one of our Officers had been shot. He had been shot in the abdomen, on the left side. 21yrs old

Thankfully he was wearing his vest, which took most of the shot. His injuries are not life threatening. He came back to the Sheriffs Dept a little while ago & he will be fine. He plans on working tomorrow.

I was very happy when I heard that the "bad guy" had been shot by officers from ours & a neighboring county. HE IS DEAD (DRT).

Two years ago we had another officer shot & the perp that shot him is walking around free today. (it's a screwed up system)

"A Deputy is hit and a suspect dies during a two County standoff"

Saturday, Feb 04, 2006 - 10:15 PM
Brian Mills Reporter

Kevin Greene has a long rap sheet. His bouts of drunkenness frequently turning violent. Saturday was no exception.
Deputies responded to a domestic violence call at a home on Howard Campbell Road about three pm.
“A call came in that this subject was at a residence trying to shoot some one”, says Sheriff John Henson.
Police say an intoxicated Greene had already given his girlfriend a black eye earlier in the day. They say he was back trying to kick in Angie Reece's front door, and then took off with deputies in pursuit.
“ My other officer backed him up blocked the road on him at the Elk Mills General store", says Sheriff John Henson.
Patrons say they saw a deputy fire at the tires of the car Greene was driving.
"He did run the roadblock started on in to Johnson County when he got here Johnson County blocked him here", says Sheriff John Henson.
That was when authorities say Greene got out of his car firing one round from his pump action shot gun. Deputy Cress took a direct hit to the abdomen.
"It’s a foolish thing to do to fire on these officers", says Sheriff Roger Gentry.
Both Carter and Johnson county deputies returned fire.
“ Right here is a good example of what's going to be the outcome of it”, says Sheriff John Henson.
The outcome, a suspect's life ends on a remote country road, and a deputy narrowly escapes with his life.

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
one less bad guy on the streets, and taxpayers money saved from a trial.

sounds like a good day to me. :thumb

·
Registered
24,114 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Its good to hear your friend will be back out on patrol. We don't give the police enough credit, they are out there everday fighting the good fight.:clap

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
I'm glad to see you guys like people dead:rolleyes

How about instead of saying "glad the guy is dead", say "I'm glad the officer is going to be ok".

·
911, Here to save your ass, not kiss it!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
101Lifts2 said:

How about instead of saying "glad the guy is dead", say "I'm glad the officer is going to be ok".

I'm glad the officer is going to be ok.

I'm glad the bad guy is dead.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Happy to hear that the officer is OK...

...and relieved that the perp is taking a dirt nap. Good riddance to a parasite. :clap

·
Have you seen Pauldun's frakking awesome post?
9,765 Posts
101Lifts2 said:

The guy tried to shoot cops and now he's dead. What's not to be glad about?

·
=^-^= slowpoke
1,415 Posts
:eek

WOW!

Right after I started in dispatch a neighboring co called for assistance. Two of their officers had been shot & one died on scene. Scared the crap out of us, especially me being brand new.
The guy ran into the woods which is why we got called in.
They got him the next day, had shot him like 6 times, he is paralyzed but not dead.

I'm very glad it turned out the way it did!

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
:clap

last week, a rookie fem. cop was getting in her car, to goto work, wearing her civy clothes. 2 guy's jumped in her car, and forced her over to the passenger seat. w/ a gun to her head. she drew her weapon. 1 dead other shot 5 times :laughing and lived, 3 rd arrested in the apt complex. she's fine..........:clap

it was close to here and in a nice apt complex....:shake

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
RACER X said:
:clap

last week, a rookie fem. cop was getting in her car, to goto work, wearing her civy clothes. 2 guy's jumped in her car, and forced her over to the passenger seat. w/ a gun to her head. she drew her weapon. 1 dead other shot 5 times :laughing and lived, 3 rd arrested in the apt complex. she's fine..........:clap

it was close to here and in a nice apt complex....:shake
Probably some of that invading NOLA scum, right Ed?

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
Always good to hear, seems like the skells around here seem to live though. The loser who shot and killed to detectives just got conviceted ( wish they could put a needle in his arm:shake ) Then some ass pulled an Uzi on 2 cops and was talking so much shit got shot 7 times and lived ( I told you you cant kill shit in this neighborhood they sem to live forever:rolleyes )

Tom

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Yeah, I was glad to hear that.... "Suspect is 10-7" that's the way to do it..

I would imagine that John Henson is upset that he didn't get to do the shooting himself... He's put a few notches on his gun belt in the past few years

·
9,765 Posts
SprintST said:
Probably some of that invading NOLA scum, right Ed?
This was actually my first thought, and I'll tell you why. The attempt was idiotic. They attacked a cop in a nice neighborhood and tried to take her car. The guys were brain-dead, and they were car thieves. That has NOLA stamped all over it.

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
zlicius said:
you do realize that is getting old. :rolleyes
Since it's his latest favorite offensive horse to flog I thought I'd help him out. Since he's such a friend to this community, and all.

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
zlicius said:
you do realize that is getting old. :rolleyes
Ed didn't beat the hell out of that dead horse he made horse jerky,horse steaks,dog food,horse ball soup,horse head roast, and stallion ribs out of that subject.....can't blame anybody at this point for thinking that way or commenting in that fashion :laughing

·
9,765 Posts
timy said:
Ed didn't beat the hell out of that dead horse he made horse jerky,horse steaks,dog food,horse ball soup,horse head roast, and stallion ribs out of that subject...
:snarf :crackup

1 - 20 of 27 Posts