Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i'm sure some of you know i was thinking about another bike, so i've done my research on the new models and the one i decided is the...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you are looking into a new or leftover gixxer, definitely give John Savopoulos, business manager a call. He is a great, honest person (i met him thru Aauuuggaa), but he did say that he will do his best to give guys/gals in our group a great deal.:clap

Attachments

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not that much info is out yet on this bike, but gixxers are known for great track bikes, so i wanted to give them a try.

very early dyno reports are putting it at about 110hp, but i'm more concerned with great suspension and handling, and smooth crip fuel injection. I'm sure i won't be disappointed. this pic you see gear indicator, shift light and nice analog tach and digital speedo like almost all sportbikes now. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
just one more pic from brochure. Bike should be available late march, early april. I'm pretty excited and can't wait to do track days on this bad boy.

I originally was thinking of a gixxer 750, but it's 1300 bucks more expensive, and that cuts into track day budget, a new helmet, and insurance. The gixxer will replace the R6, which will be retired from track duty, and become my commuting bike. The R6 has been a great bike and i really like it, i'm gonna keep it, treat her good and let her enjoy the rest of her years on the street. I'm such a dork right! :laughing

the slight downside of all this, the SV will be put up for sale. It's gonna be hard to let her go, but there are a lot of great bikes and since we only live once, you have to try as many as possible.

So glad i had the chance to own an SV, it's a great, fun sport motorcycle. It gave me so much confidence for 2 up riding, as well as improving my street skills. It's light handling, easy power delivery makes riding the bike so easy. I know the next owner will enjoy it as much as i did.

But anyway, i can't wait to take delivery of the new gixxer. BTW, i got the blue/white model. Exact same one from the pic below :banana

Attachments

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've posted about my new bike, now it's your turn Pete!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
ED_00R6 said:
now it's your turn Pete!!
What bike? :laughing

Congrats! Love it!

·
Registered
340 Posts
good job ed...looks like 06 is the year for EVERYONE to get new bikes...

you, me, and (maybe) pete. anyone else want to be cool and get a new bike?

ed, pics...i command it...

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
congrats Erwin!! :clap maybe you'll keep up with me now :redflip j/k bike looks cool :specs

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
vampyre: i'll post more pics in early april when it arrives.

biddy: I'm not gonna lie, i'm not gonna keep up with you, ur too fast :draggin I'm telling you i was freaking going as fast as i could on FUSA. A few times i even told myself i was riding above my skills, could i catch you? no, u bastid!!!:redflip I wanna see you go up against, Eracer, 08ll08l, and Traumarider. that would be awesome.

guilty and pete: stop holding out! :redflip

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Congrats!!:clap

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
:rolleyes :mad

Don't mind me, I'm just jealous

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
First bike - Honda
Second bike - Yamaha
Third bike - Suzuki
Fourth bike - Kawa... err, no... Suzuki. Again?

No, no. You were supposed to get a Kawi. You messed up the rotation! :rant

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AaUuuuGaa! said:

No, no. You were supposed to get a Kawi. You messed up the rotation! :rant
oh trust me the 636 and the extra midrange and torque were definitely considered. Give me a couple of more years so the underseat exhaust grow on me. Let's see what happens in 2008 :D

btw, aaauuugaa you gonna be able to join us at the track this year?

·
Heavy Metal
1,907 Posts
CONGRATS !! nice choice...they are slick lookin and 110hp is plenty for you normal sized folks :D

and hey yeah, mike ...post up when u might make it to the track, i'm actually gonna make several weekends w/ TPM/GSSC this year...instead of, well my annual-type visit:nanana

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
:clap Welcome to the family :)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts