Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But how do you handle a guy that is so atheist (spelling?) that he thinks you are the most weak minded silliest guy on the earth for loving the Lord? Now don't get me wrong I have witnessed to this guy and have tried every way I know to break down that wall of whatever it is between him and religion. Right now I'm to the point of just talking to him on a guy to guy level about anything. I like this guy he is cool but as lost a person can be and I wish there was a way to reach him. Any tips fellow brothers and sisters...if there is any sisters in here?:confused

·
Registered
869 Posts
Often the witness that impacts a person the most is what we do not say... Our actions the examples we show others of, how or what it is like to be a Christian.

There are a number of ways to witness to someone like him BUT, only God can change a person's heart. The bottom line is Pray for him and pray for him ... and pray for him... It is not what we say but what God does for him that will bring him to the Lord.

I personally lean towards a more in-depth witnessing and apologetics. There is so much heresy in the organized religions today that many people are turned away by the doctrines of churches not lining up with God's word.... I'll stop here on that subject... lol

You might want to check out http://christiananswers.net/directry.html It has a ton of information You could spend a day following links on a lot of topics. It is a good place to get information on tough topics too. There are a lot of sites out there but always be sure to check the information with the Word of God...

Have a blessed weekend brother,
Charles

·
Elusive second member of CF
2,377 Posts
Let him believe what he wants to believe......leave it at that.

I dont like when my friends that are christian push anything on me.....I let them do their thing and I do mine.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YardDog24 said:
Let him believe what he wants to believe......leave it at that.

I dont like when my friends that are christian push anything on me.....I let them do their thing and I do mine.
Exactly man I don't want to pust anything on anyone.That is my biggest gripe with Christians of today. I don't do that sort of thing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
MoreRoadRacing said:
Often the witness that impacts a person the most is what we do not say... Our actions the examples we show others of, how or what it is like to be a Christian.
I think that is some of the best advise that you could follow; just live your life and set the best example of Christian behavior for him that you can. Actions can speak louder than words.

Someone said this a long time ago and it still holds true today:

Preach the Gospel at all time; if necesary use words

When God softens his heart, he will notice.

·
Elusive second member of CF
2,377 Posts
rrguy said:
Exactly man I don't want to pust anything on anyone.That is my biggest gripe with Christians of today. I don't do that sort of thing.
Then you are on the right track. I dont think its fair for him to judge you however. Especially if you arent pushing......

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Hawk said:

I think that was St. Francis of Assissi.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hawk said:
I think that is some of the best advise that you could follow; just live your life and set the best example of Christian behavior for him that you can. Actions can speak louder than words.

When God softens his heart, he will notice.
I like that Hawk That is good advice bro.:thumb

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
rrguy said:
Right now I'm to the point of just talking to him on a guy to guy level about anything.
MoreRoadRacing said:
BOTH are probably the best ways to witness and are my favorites as opposed to endless bible quoting. I quote bible so little (if at all) when riding with people that some wouldn't know I was in the CSBA if it weren't for the sticker on my windscreen. But they know I don't have a bent license plate or that I don't engage in the sex topics.

One thing I might caution about talking "guy to guy": don't be corrupted by what is wrong. I've seen it where a Christian - or so he/she says - will say he/she is a Christian but engage in the "gutter" humor (even INITIATE it) or give bad example. THAT - being hypocritical and not following your own beliefs - is what I believe will turn people off from Christianity just as much - if not more - than overt preaching, and is probably why I see disclaimers from CSBA members down on "organized religion".

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re: Re: Ok so I'm a proud Christian...

Norseman82 said:
and is probably why I see disclaimers from CSBA members down on "organized religion".
I am glad that many churches are organized,the one I attend included.I am also glad Jesus Christ the Living God ,spoke to me and saved me.It was Him,not "organized religion".I love good strong ,healthy,churches where the Spirit of God is not quenched or despised and worship is free and beautiful.
"I repent;) "

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Re: Ok so I'm a proud Christian...

Norseman82 said:
BOTH are probably the best ways to witness and are my favorites as opposed to endless bible quoting. I quote bible so little (if at all) when riding with people that some wouldn't know I was in the CSBA if it weren't for the sticker on my windscreen. But they know I don't have a bent license plate or that I don't engage in the sex topics.

One thing I might caution about talking "guy to guy": don't be corrupted by what is wrong. I've seen it where a Christian - or so he/she says - will say he/she is a Christian but engage in the "gutter" humor (even INITIATE it) or give bad example. THAT - being hypocritical and not following your own beliefs - is what I believe will turn people off from Christianity just as much - if not more - than overt preaching, and is probably why I see disclaimers from CSBA members down on "organized religion".
Agreed bro.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
People make their own choices on what to believe...

Just keep living your life, and don't be concerned what others think... continue to be a good example. We need good examples in life.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Ok so I'm a proud Christian...

the goat said:
The truth is I`m just down on how certain peoples advice to others always sent them towards Catholicism ,which is not what the "C" in CSBA stands for and why I stopped posting on these forums.

What's up with that? :shrug
The "C" is 110% for CHRISTIAN as far as I'm concerned.
PM me and tell me who/what you're talking about.
I must have missed it......:confused

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hawk said:

To set the record straight here the above was not Francis A. it was Paul in the New Testament who said the exact words. Hawk was quoting the scripture that I was paraphraising. That is why it is such good advice it came from God...;) Thanks Hawk for posting it.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
MoreRoadRacing said:
it was Paul in the New Testament who said the exact words.
Hey Charles,

Could you post the verse referred to? Maybe it's because I just got done staining woodwork but it doesn't jump out at me right now.....

·
Registered
184 Posts
RR, you have a heart like mines. You want your friend to be saved. I would suggest this to you. Pray for your friend. Be a good friend to your friend. Share Christ when and olny when Christ opens the door for you to share. The word say's that if you believe that you have what you pray for when you pray, then you will.

Remembe one plants the seed, one waters the seed, and God grants the increase:D

Pray if you want to see change.:cool

·
Registered
966 Posts
BroBill said:
Pray for your friend. Be a good friend to your friend. Share Christ when and olny when Christ opens the door for you to share. The word say's that if you believe that you have what you pray for when you pray, then you will.

Remembe one plants the seed, one waters the seed, and God grants the increase:D

Pray if you want to see change.:cool
My thoughts as I was reading through this thread. Pray, Pray Pray was what I kept coming to mind. God can change anything and your prayers will do more for yor friend than anything else YOU can do for him.

·
glad to be here
968 Posts
This is a good topic that I've thought a bit about, as a good friend of mine is not Christian. He's not anti-God, although he is down on religion. He says he's open-minded when it comes to creation, afterlife, etc., but he feels like he needs "proof" that God exists. (that's a whole other topic, though)
I learned long ago that you can't convince anyone to believe in God; only He can change a heart. I pray that my non-Christian friends will see a positive difference in my life and seek to know God in theirs.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
There is a lot of good advice here, and I'm hopeful that he will search for more one day and find what he needs. Setting a good example is important--something I need to always remind myself.

IMHO, if we had proof of God, we would not need faith. But in my simplistic way of thinking, I like to ask people that want proof the following questions:

Do you think that everything you see was made? If so, then where did all the matter present before the Big Bang (or before creation) come from? (This almost seems silly, but the earth, stars, the dirt, etc was made. How did the matter get here in the first place if not God? Matter does not appear from nothing. I think this can sometimes make people that want proof take a step back and consider opinions other than their own.)

·
Registered
426 Posts
there is a book i have read that has a lot of good information in it, right along htis vein

"the case for faith" by lee strobel

has a very good perspective on alot of the big issues folks have with Christianity. it is written in a down to earth style, and is really a bunch of interviews (some of them hostile by the author) of various Christian people on the topics at hand. the questions are asked in a 'hostile' tone, much like you would get from some non-believers. the interviewees are what i would call down to earth folks, and VERY adept at getting the answer to match the point of view of the questioner.

i am on the don't push side of things, because if you push someone until they say "ok fine sure i beleive" then what you have done is harm, not good. they may or may not really believe,but say they do to make you stop badgering them.

forced belief structures will never last the test of time.

anyway hope this helps :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts