Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you guys know, Hey_Yvette and I have been together for a while. She has been on here for a year now. We get along great.
I love this woman. But there is one huge difference between us.

SHE CAN"T STAND CATS! Absolutely hates them. Wanted to skin Xtant's cat in the middle of the night when we stayed over there for the CF Texas ride.

The problem is this. I have always owned a cat. Love cats and usually feel that a home is not a home until a cat resides there. If I move in with Yvette, I want my cat, Highside, to go with me. She says no.:mad

Oh what to do. What to do.

What do you guys think?

·
CF's Official Bookie and Trivia God
9,070 Posts
She doesn't like other pussies crowding her terrain :crackup :crackup

Well you can come to the conclusion that your current cat can go with you but no new ones after that one bites the dust

Peace Out

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,282 Posts
MAAH STUD said:
She doesn't like other pussies crowding her terrain :crackup :crackup

Well you can come to the conclusion that your current cat can go with you but no new ones after that one bites the dust

Peace Out
that sounds like a pretty workable comprimise... :)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
What's her main reasoning ????? Cats are mostly maintenance free, is she a bit allergic perhaps ? If it's not allergy I'd almost bet money it's the shedding......... I love cats but I literally turn into a basket case of histamine and hell, I am so allergic that within 30 seconds of walking in a cat-occupied home, I'm immediately doing that "I can't stop scratching the roof of my mouth with my tongue" thing, which SUCKS, then within another 20 minutes I'm incapacitated. Find out what her reason for saying no is, then just work an angle where you win the argument and get your way :D

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,282 Posts
SilverSurfer said:
Cats give terrible head. It's a no brainer.
um... I'm not gonna ask how you came to that conclusion... :eek

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
Who do you love more?? Wait, don't answer that one.

Put your foot down and lay down the law!!! Pull up your skirt at tell her what's up before she has your marbles in a jar next to the bed:nanana :nanana j/k obviously.

Try to make a compromise. Get a really big dog. Yeah, a big dog that drools and eats a lot and name it Jester!!!! That's what I would do.

;) ;)

Sneak the kat into the house after you've moved everything in. Then tell her to move everything herself or let the cat stay.

Sad thing is thtat I agree with her. I don't like cats, either.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Speed_Addiction said:
Wanted to skin Xtant's cat in the middle of the night when we stayed over there for the CF Texas ride.

hmmm...considering that Xtant's cat also once happened to PISS on my bikes forks, I'll have to side with Yvette on this one.:laughing

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Can't the cat reside at the service station?

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
bilbo33889 said:
don't care for cats myself. I was terrorized as a small child by our Siamese. Haven't liked them since.
I disliked cats all my life because of my experience with one as a child...but when I got older and got my own place, I wanted a pet, but my building didn't allow dogs...so I got a kitten..and raised her..and now I absolutely LOVE cats...I just adopted another kitten last year.

As for dating a guy who hated cats, the guy would go long before my pet would...They're like my kids..I wouldn't get rid of them for a guy. He'd have to get used to them, pop pills if he's allergic..but they're not going...
And you'd be surprised how many would put up with a pussycat to get into your's....:redflip

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Speed, I don't want this to sound harsh...however she knew when she met that you were cat lover and decided to stick around and accept you for who you are cat lover and all. I have gone through a similar situation, moved in with someone who wouldn't let me bring my cat that I had had for years. Basically what I told him was that the cat has been and will always be there for me and men will come and go...so ya know if you want me then you want my cat as well. I am all for compromise, but there can't be her saying and you doing...that isn't compromise.

best of luck to you, and if nothing else you cat is welcome to live with me...:thumb :laughing

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Sorry, but like was stated above, you had the cat when the two of you got together. I don't mean to sound rude, but unless she is deathly allergic to the kitty, then to hell with the compromise...the cat stays.

If she likes dogs, then get her a puppy and you keep your cat. That can be fun also. The two of them getting to know each other will surely produce some memorable moments, trust me. But her telling you that the cat has to go sounds a bit too controlling to me.

Besides, they are some of the easiest pets to care for, and very loyal animals. Hope I didn't hurt feelings, but if you love someone then you don't ask them to give up something that the other loves in exchange, you accept it out of respect.

On a side note, did you know that to a dog you are his best friend and his provider?

To a cat you are hired help :D

These were my last two...could you honestly get rid of such cute critters???

·
Registered
16,960 Posts
Since she won't marry you, why worry about moving in? That, or keep the kitty at the service station.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts