Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:crackup :crackup :crackup

Don't read this if you don't want to hear about me being a tard! :p

So i decided at lunch time to grab my bike and run to circuit city in crossroads to mess with some of their cell phones to see which ones i like.

As I'm pulling into the parking area at no more than 5 mph i notice an open spot to my right that i am passing by. So good ol me decides to crank the bar to the right and try to make the spot. Well today i figured out that these bikes turn on quarters, not dimes.

As i crank the bar the bike immediately dives into the turn and i had about a millisecond to put my foot out to catch the bike. Well the only problem is that these god damn fuggin bikes are heavy when they are at oh about a 45 degree angle at 2 miles an hour. Come to think of it, i was almost draggin knee, HELL YEAH!

As i try to catch myself with the bike still moving i have to kinda hop with my right leg to keep it under the bike and not behind it. Man that must have been a sight. I finally stop and have both hands on the bar thats falling towards the ground and finally heave it back upright. No part of the bike touched the ground during this event.

The best part was that a girl was walking towards the store and couldn't get by cause of my wonderful display of motorcycle skills :laughing and she saw the whole thing. I then tried the "hmm let me pretend to adjust that part on the bike that caused me to tip" move which i'm not sure she believed.

Anyways, i now see how easy it is to lose it even with the slightest lack of attention.

FUN TIMES FUN TIMES!!!

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
Oh the stupid things we do in front of the opposite sex... :citadel

But then, I always just lay the thing down in/near the middle of a busy intersection cause I can't keep my feet still for 90 seconds for lights to go through their cycle :shrug

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
JohnnyMonsoon said:
I then tried the "hmm let me pretend to adjust that part on the bike that caused me to tip" move which i'm not sure she believed.

I think every male out there understands this. :laughing

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Krazy8z said:
Glad you were able to keep it up!
:crackup
HEY NOW!!!:rant OMG if the girl would have said that I would have probably ended up dropping it from laughing so hard...

Oh and as far as the stunt thing, If it did tip, I was totally going to just kick the bike while it was on the ground, throw my helmet at it and then just walk into the store like a true gangsta stunta!

·
This little piggy went to market...
2,684 Posts
Wow, I had a similar situation a few months back at the Starbucks drive through at 3am.

Pulled up and had to shut my bike off so they could hear me in the speakerbox but left it in neutral on a somewhat downhill slope. Before I knew it, the bike is rolling and I'm loosing my footing. Needless to say, it fell over and there was another car full of people behind me wondering what the hell I was doing. The other bad thing was that the speakerbox has a camera and they asked if I was ok because I was swearing as I was going over.

Just minor scratches on the clutch cover and my pride. :D

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
Nice save Johnny.

I had something similar happen to me at the ferry terminal going to Friday Harbor. I couldn't get my wallet out of my jeans so I stood up and off the bike. The kick stand was down...but the booth was on a down hill slant...so the kickstand just went straight up once I dismounted...it started to roll and I ran and was able to throw myself under the bike to save it as it tipped over. My buddy behind me came and helped me up and the bike. The booth agent kept asking if I was ok...best part was performing the show for free for the Jetta full of girls behind us. :laughing.

Oh well, bike saved...that's all that matters. Who cares what the girls think. :redflip

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gawd i am sooo glad i am not the only one, well not glad but just happy that it could happen to anyone, well not happy but you know what i mean!

Glad your bikes didn't get damaged.

The funniest part of this entire situation was that my pride was completely shot for the next couple of hours. I couldn't even really say anything to anyone or even look at them as I was afraid I might do something silly again.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
dude, that bike weighs like under 400 lbs. how the hell do you almost drop a 600!??! man up and get a grip on that lilttle thing!:redflip

just giving you shit dude. i forgot to pull my disk lock out once and had a bag of grocerys on my gas tank. and it happened in front of chicks...........and they pointed and laughed:(
but that was a long time ago when i was like 115 lbs and a strong wind would have knocked me over.

·
never regret.
1,679 Posts
hmm havent we all had that problem??!?!? (ok ok maybe just a slight few of us)

1st time: Going around a neighborhood looking for gixxerpete's house with yogi, and i had to make a tight U turn in a neighborhood street (yeah it doesnt sound like a big deal - but to a newbie rider.... :( ) tried to complete a left hand turn and ended up locking up the front and slowly start watching it tip over. It rested on my left leg (it didnt touch the ground) and I yanked up the right handle so that it was upright again *breathed a sigh of relief - No scratch yet*

2nd time: going into new kawloon parking garage after the girls ride :mad . I hate that hill and i hate that sharp left with the weird incline.. blah.. turned left, saw the parking spots of the other bikes but i was going tooooo slow and ended up tipping it to the right. I slowly let it rest on the muffler, got off and pushed the bike back up. All the other girls were running towards me to see if i was ok..

needless to say, my pride was wrecked. not to mention a little bit of a scratch on my muffler.

but either way.. i'm glad that monsoon didnt hurt the bike.. :clap :clap :clap

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
ive pulled a couple of those sometimes...they are quite embarassing at the moment but funny afterwards.....not paying attention also causes you to crash i found out the hard way.

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
I'll save D the trouble...

Neither is using your front brake in gravel :eek

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.