Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
SportyChick said:
Yikes...:eek Maybe it's a new tire or something.:confused It doesn't look it though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
i love the site of bikes in a line.

one of my first times riding in SLC (salt Lake City) i came across a group of 45 riders. who were hanging out at a bar waiting for all teh huneys to come out.after 3am (bars close at 2 have to pose for one hour to get as many numbers as you can)we headed to a guys house for a party since it was by bringthem young university we parked on a city street 47 bikes in a line running up the hill. trees and everything it was awesome. i could only imagine what would of happened if that first bike got bumped


















and so you know i was a poser squid when i first started but thanks to my german friends it is no more
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,198 Posts
Ian said:
Why o why have that bike if you aren't going to turn. :confused
mebbe its his first bike...
it wouldnt be inherantly wrong for me to buy a corvette and drive like a grandma...
It'd be unneccessary to have a corvette, but this is America, the land of wretched excess...
mebbe he just really likes the bike..
*shrug*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
ziadel said:
mebbe its his first bike...
it wouldnt be inherantly wrong for me to buy a corvette and drive like a grandma...
It'd be unneccessary to have a corvette, but this is America, the land of wretched excess...
mebbe he just really likes the bike..
*shrug*
where do you get all your time to write a 100 posts a day?
 

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
16,949 Posts
ziadel said:
mebbe its his first bike...
it wouldnt be inherantly wrong for me to buy a corvette and drive like a grandma...
It'd be unneccessary to have a corvette, but this is America, the land of wretched excess...
mebbe he just really likes the bike..
*shrug*
You've never ridden a Ducati have ya? :laughing

I guess I just don't understand why you would voluntarily bind yourself up on a bike like that simply to go straight to the nearest mall parking lot. And it's America where I can bust on him for it. :twofinger :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,479 Posts
Ian said:
You've never ridden a Ducati have ya? :laughing

I guess I just don't understand why you would voluntarily bind yourself up on a bike like that simply to go straight to the nearest mall parking lot.
Come on Ian, you know why (think 5-letter word..starts with P---r).:laughing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
382 Posts
chicken strip's question

Ok, I have NO chicken strips on my rear tire, all of my tire is being used.

A buddy of mine has chicken strips about the size of the one's in the duc pic, yet we both can move at the same pace thru turns.

Why is it that from looking at his tire you would think he doesn't know how to turn and looking at mine you would think that I'm a lunatic. Yet we are both getting the same lean angle, both have same size tire, we just ride differnt bikes. I've never really understood this. Anyone know?
 

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
16,949 Posts
Re: chicken strip's question

adawg said:
Ok, I have NO chicken strips on my rear tire, all of my tire is being used.

A buddy of mine has chicken strips about the size of the one's in the duc pic, yet we both can move at the same pace thru turns.

Why is it that from looking at his tire you would think he doesn't know how to turn and looking at mine you would think that I'm a lunatic. Yet we are both getting the same lean angle, both have same size tire, we just ride differnt bikes. I've never really understood this. Anyone know?
You can't tell exactly what type of rider someone is by their tires, but it's a dam good indicator. Actually if you have more tire being used then you are in fact getting more lean angle then he is. He might hang off the bike more so he doesn't need the same angles to get around a corner. Tire size means a bit, but not as much IMO. Some people say they have trouble with 180's over say 190's.. I don't agree with that.

85-90% of the people that I've seen with strips have been slowass riders that look pathetic when they hit some corners.
 

·
Insomniac
Joined
·
891 Posts
Re: Re: chicken strip's question

Ian said:
85-90% of the people that I've seen with strips have been slowass riders that look pathetic when they hit some corners.
perhaps they are new riders? if you enjoy you bike, then who gives a shit? why do you people place so much emphasis on chick strips? someone said it well when they replied to my pics of mine about leaving myself NO margin of error. i agree with that and i will start hanging off the bike to get less lean angle even if it does mean bigger chicken strips. meanwhile i'll be passing YOUR slow ass on the outside of a corner waving :redflip at you. :D


this wasnt directed fully at you btw ian. :twofinger
 

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
16,949 Posts
Which then would bring up the arguement, what the hell are they doing on a 900cc Ducati as a first bike?
 

·
Insomniac
Joined
·
891 Posts
Ian said:
Which then would bring up the arguement, what the hell are they doing on a 900cc Ducati as a first bike?
who cares. its still in one piece, so the owner (if it is indeed their first bike) obviously respects the power.

honestly, if i would of had the money i prolly would of bought a liter bke as my first street bike if nothing more than to piss all these holier than thou people off. it gets really irritating. however, i do admit starting small is good so dont get me wrong.
 

·
King of something
Joined
·
4,583 Posts
It's all because that ducs overrated. Thats as far as it will lean! :laughing :laughing :redflip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
chammer said:
who cares. its still in one piece, so the owner (if it is indeed their first bike) obviously respects the power.
maybe your taking this personal? i think its pretty safe to say that. your being awfully defensive about this and i can understand...but i dont think...well atleast i wasnt out to pick on someone who has Cstrips. what i see in that pic is a bike with awsome potential, being used to scoot around town. it seems to me that whoever bought that bike bought it for reasons other than what it was built for. like looks. to me thats just a waste. now you could be right, it could be a new guy with a shit load of $ that really is trying to learn the bike and ride it for whats its purpose was intended for. but i doubt it. the way i see it is like lets say you have a really smart cousin thats younger than you and you know they have great potential, but they wanna piss it all away on something stupid...are you gonna sit back and say nothing? because hey they can do whatever the hell they want right? well if thats the way you look at it then why cant i or thers say and think what we want?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,137 Posts
Some poeple are more into looking cool then actully riding.
 

·
Insomniac
Joined
·
891 Posts
SILVERBULLET-RR said:
maybe your taking this personal? i think its pretty safe to say that. your being awfully defensive about this and i can understand...but i dont think...well atleast i wasnt out to pick on someone who has Cstrips. what i see in that pic is a bike with awsome potential, being used to scoot around town. it seems to me that whoever bought that bike bought it for reasons other than what it was built for. like looks. to me thats just a waste. now you could be right, it could be a new guy with a shit load of $ that really is trying to learn the bike and ride it for whats its purpose was intended for. but i doubt it. the way i see it is like lets say you have a really smart cousin thats younger than you and you know they have great potential, but they wanna piss it all away on something stupid...are you gonna sit back and say nothing? because hey they can do whatever the hell they want right? well if thats the way you look at it then why cant i or thers say and think what we want?
im not trying to limit what you or anyone else says or thinks. im just saying. most of what we do and buy is based off looks. sure, i can understand if the guy is cruising down the highway at a buck 20 with sandels, shorts, and a tank top, but looking at the company he's in...i doubt it. hell, im gettin rid of the sv next year for an r6. why? because i like the LOOKS of it better than my sv. sure, there's other reasons like being behind a full fairing for wind protection, and the fact i want an I4 for a change, but my main reason is looks. am i a stupid squid that cant ride now because i actually want something that looks good?
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top