Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

Oooh my new store front!

713 views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  eviltwin 
#1 ·
what you think?

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
Hey we cater to any amount of $$ George (the owner) is just your normal guy, hell he use to ride and now owns a restored 69 Z28 thats baaaadassssss! Im the assistant mgr but the wrench/knowledge/shop forman/technical advisor/etc/etc. More pics to come later as the place comes together.

#15 ·
Drinky-Crow said:
Don't think they're actually called the 'GT-40' though, I think Carroll Shelby or someone has the rights to that name, now.

The actual Ford designation is the Ford GT.

How bout some quick trivia......

So who knows why they decided to call it the "GT-40"?

Attachments

#17 ·
JohnnyMonsoon said:
How bout some quick trivia......

So who knows why they decided to call it the "GT-40"?
The roofline was 40 inches tall.

One of the drivers (Gurney?) was too tall, so they added a slight bulge to the top of the driver's door in order to clear his helmet.

My all-time favorite best-looking most awesomest race car ever.

I had a 1:12 scale slot-car set when I was like 5 or 6, me and my big brother spent hours and hours playing it. I had a grey GT-40 in the Gulf colors just like that pic posted above, and he had a red Porsche... 917?

#19 ·
Nice looking store!

<Hijack ON>
the GT-40 is my fave, too. Saw a couple of them out at the vintage races at PR... :drool

Attachments

#20 ·
Another...

Attachments

#22 ·
Inside

Attachments

#23 ·
Can you believe that they RAIL these priceless vintage racecars around the track? Wow. :eek

Attachments

#25 ·
OMG......if i had a gt40 it would be parked in my living room. i would be afraid to rail it or even drive it. can you imagine getting a rock chip in the windshield or a chip in the paint? i would be sick if that happened to my priceless gt40

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.