Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,

Im planning an oil change this weekend and I had heard that Mobil MXT4 seems to be a great synthetic to use. Do any of you have first hand experience using the MXT4? If I didnt use this, I was just going to use the Honda Synthetic HP-4........

Just curious to see what everyone has to say...

THanks.

·
CF Security Administrator,
6,639 Posts
I used it in my old Gixxer, and will be using it in the new bike...good stuff for sure...

I ordered it through www.avlube.com as no place locally carried it.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
one word for ya:

CASTROL :redflip :redflip

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Snowman,

What type of Castrol do you use. Is it the automotive blend, or is it specifically for motorcycles? Any reason you use it........lets shed some light on the subject......

BTW, the pics you posted in Sportbike Babes are spectacular. That first girl is gorgeous.....great cans.

·
Registered
163 Posts
JoeyZ said:
Fellas,
Im planning an oil change this weekend and I had heard that Mobil MXT4 seems to be a great synthetic to use. Do any of you have first hand experience using the MXT4? If I didnt use this, I was just going to use the Honda Synthetic HP-4........
Just curious to see what everyone has to say...
THanks.
I LOVE it!!! I have been using it in four different bikes.
1999 Suzuki GSXR600
1999 Yamaha YZF600R
1998 Suzuki GS500E
2002 Honda CBR F4i

I like it better than the Honda Syth and if you have a Yami, it REALLY helps to smooth the clunkiness of the trani.

Just my $.02

·
Wannabe Poser
4,235 Posts
JoeyZ said:
Snowman,

What type of Castrol do you use.
In case you care...I use GTX, 10W40. It meets the requirements in my manual, and that's all I care. It's cheap enough to chance often.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
JoeyZ said:
Snowman,

What type of Castrol do you use. Is it the automotive blend, or is it specifically for motorcycles? Any reason you use it........lets shed some light on the subject......

BTW, the pics you posted in Sportbike Babes are spectacular. That first girl is gorgeous.....great cans.
I like the R4. When I started using it in the old F3 the bike shifted much better. I then put it in my 929 (now my GF's bike) and it also improved shifting before shifts were vague at times now they are very positive, I also like the added protection that it provides against break down. I know we have done this Oil thing thread a thousand time but I still would not put car oil in my bikes. When the RC hits her 4k mark she will also go to R4 but for twins. I don't mind spending a little more to get better viscousity (sp?) protection. Just my .02

·
Registered
69 Posts
I used the MXT4 in my last oil change. I was shocked at how much smoother the shifting was. Pretty pricey oil change though.

·
Wannabe Poser
4,235 Posts
X Racer said:
Mobil 1 15/50 meets all requirements and is arguable the best oil on the market. I have 8 bikes that I ride the shit out of regularly and I have never had any problems with it whatsoever...
I would use that, but my bike calls for 10W40. Maybe if I lived more south. I might try 5W50 though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I recomend you all to read

motor oil bible ebook.
That book contains everything about oils, how to pic them and a reference table that rates them. since Im bit finished I can only give you some details.

1.Use sintetic oil.
2. Mobil 1 MTX4 is one of the best oils you can buy and the best for bikes.

I alrready knew 2. because I have been using Mobil 1 for years with excelents results.

Castrol in my experience sucks big time.

Buy that book you will not be disapointed.

These number will give you a discount on the purchase.

Numero de descuento de motor oil bible

PS. Im back

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I've seen this thread thousands of time before and it always goes the same route. It's all conjecture IMO one guy like one kind one guys likes another. My experiance has been good with Castrol. As far as them being liars I would have to see documented data so if you have it post if you don't then you shouldn't make these kinds of statement. I mean arn't you the guy (espresso) that works for Factory Pro? I recall a thread where one of your products was being bashed by several member without any actual form of testing. If I recall you were none to happy, so once again I say SHOW ME THE DATA.

The bible? that's some dudes attempt to get published so as to obtain his doctorate degree. Once again a whole lot of conjecture.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just read the book, pay 10 dolars, read it and then.... you can talk about the book.
Of course the bible title is an advertising thing.

I do not have a oil analyzer of course, but anyone can feell when a oil is not doing the work, because the tran is stiff.

Since Im not a oil expert I use what the experts use, and recomends.

See this photo and look what Oil Pat Mc Givern is using for a decade..... (and Pat is the only guy that I know that does not take any sponsorship from anyone that has a motorcycle product so his not compromised with anything)

http://www.mototuneusa.com/pat_mcgivern_and_marcos_peguero.htm

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fellas,

THanks for the help. Im going with the Mobil MXT4.....

Snowman is right, its all opinions and bullshit. I knew what I was looking for when I dropped this thread. Do you really think Mobil Syn is that different the Castrol Syn, or any other Top Brand oil.

I have friends that havent changed there oil in 9000 miles and there bikes run great. Sad but true.

Lets end this thread before Expresso goes bazerk.....

·
1,480 Posts
I burn Mobil 1 15w-50 in the crankcase.
I grind Mobil 1 75w-90 in the gear box.

I also use the same in all of my cars. My truck gets Mobil synthetic ATF in the tranny and transcfer case.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts