Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about importing these, would love to get a general reaction.

They are very nice quality. Solid, light and seem to be constructed to above average standards. They are made by MOMO, the Ferrarri racing and performance company...

http://www.tricktape.com/page.asp?id=46

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The definitely have a sort of "Viking" look to them.

Momo makes good stuff ... would probably have to put one on thought before you could decide just how good they really are.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
If I knew the price range, I could give a more honest answer.

I'm shopping for a helmet right now, and that yellow and black one is definately high on my list. :hubba

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Looks like it's got rabbit ears on them! :laughing But they do look futuristic and kinda cool. I'd bet that AaUuuuGaa! would buy the yellow one at least.

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
The black one is very cool. If the silver "ears" were the same color as the helmet I'd like it better. Price?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Price and specs would help out a lot.

If there was an option to have some of them have full colors (instead of silver) it would be a lot more attractive with some bikes/helmets.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
If I remember right, they are in the average of helmet prices $300 - $400 maybe?? I could be wrong on that. But I do know that those would be a big hit with the street fighter crowd :thumb

Rez, By the way, are you heading to Indy this winter for the Dealer show??

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
if they ain;t DOT and SNELL appreoved, I would'nt even bother Rez...

if they are, GET EM!

·
Registered
16,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hondasarge said:

Rez, By the way, are you heading to Indy this winter for the Dealer show??
Yeah, we got the invites.... Me and smokestack (Shawn) will probaly be there representing!!!

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I like the styling, but need the specs and DOT/Snell/pricing to say if I'd buy one...

·
Registered
16,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To achive a DOT rating, you must apply for one. These are imports, that never even applied. They do pass the BSI standars, which are as stringent as DOT. They are even up for EEC-225

Like the ROOF I wear. It is not DOT or SNELL. Why? Cause DOT onever tested one. It's not that if it doesn't have that rating, it's a bad or cheap lid.

The Roof Diversion is the ONLY helmet so far to pass EEC 225 (UN standards)

Others, that you are familiar with, and carry a DOT rating have failed this rating.....

I think the EEC rating will be the global standard in the next few years.

With a voice like cycleforums, we may even have the power to make them listen to US, and have things like this better defined..

Global.................... it changes everything.....

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Interesting styling, but maybe a little too Power Ranger-ish for me. I am happy to see some companies are thinking different though.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Me like! :D :D But how much??:confused

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Too many edges for me. Looks like it'd be a loud helmet. And what's with those wings? If they're vents they don't look good, to me. But that's me, a conservative guy:shrug

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
I'd definetley wear one. Hook me up with a freebie :D

Especially since I had to stick up for tricktape tonight! IM me for the details ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts