Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use it? Lemme know if you do, I can hook you up with a "deal" so to speak. ;)

·
Obey The Pug
7,899 Posts
how about another brand?:p

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope, just the ortho low is what i can help someone out with. sorry!

·
Moderator,
2,475 Posts
on the shot and I love it!!!

Question though since its somewhat on topic. I know antibiotics can mess up B/C pills, but what about the shot? Anyone know? I am on antibiotics right now because of a sinus infection ??? :(

·
They call me Jugs.
10,432 Posts
I'll have to get back to you on that... I'm on Ortho... wouldn't mind trying something else.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Hey Z,
How does your "deal" compare to Triphasil? I take BCP's 13 weeks at a time. 4 periods a year. Love it!
Right now I'm on a paid study (bike money :laughing) with Seasonale..... but at the the end of the study, I'll be looking for a good deal.

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, i was just tryin' to keep this hush because i don' tknow if it's exactly legal, but since i'm stopping bcp and never gonna be on them again, i have one new months' worth of OTC low that i'd send someone, but i'll only send it if they're on LOW already because it is different and could cause problems if you're not on it... but i just don't want it to go to waste...

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I understand, Z. Nice of you to offer. The doctors all give out "sample" packs anyway... so there should not a problem with the legality of it all....

Wish I could take you up on the offer, but I'm taken care of for a while. This study pays for all my Dr. visits, free BCP for 15 months plus they pay me $450 at the end of the study next September.

Track money! :laughing

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Hmmm.... im on some form or another.... it doesnt say "Low" anywhere... should i assume its the regular dosage???

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
yamahagirl said:

Question though since its somewhat on topic. I know antibiotics can mess up B/C pills, but what about the shot? Anyone know? I am on antibiotics right now because of a sinus infection ??? :(
Like any medecine mixing with birth control, they can mess up your dosage and it would be good to use other protection while on the antibiotic.

I've been on the shot for...7 years now (good lord, lol) and I have mixed feelings about it. I've gained weight (but well, uh, I wasn't small to begin with, hehe) but the docs do say if you are trying to lose weight it's harder to do so on the shot. Who knows? I do like the fact I have zero periods a year, and mild spotting 2 or 3 times a year. I'd like to try the patch or something but why switch when this works for me? :)

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well w/ the shot, I wouldn't worry about it too much w/ anti's unless it was towards the end of the 3 month span. It shoots SO MUCH hormones in you that it would be pretty hard for anti's to "dull" things... talk to your doc when they prescribe you anti's just to be certain.

·
Registered
904 Posts
yamahagirl said:

I had a friend who became pregnant while on the shot and using antibiotics. Her Doctor said that it was the result of the antibiotics reducing the effectiveness of the birth control. I would use additional protection for sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.