Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, not another thread about something other than sportbikes.

I've been trying to find some software that does a little more than your basic video editing like MS Movie Maker, Nero or Ulead. I want to take video of my daughter, then add something like a cartoon character following her...or in the video replace her bicycle with a horse.

Would the Adobe suite do this? Do I only need a product like AfterEffects, or is there some other software for adding special effects like I mention above?

Thanks!

·
SHHHHITZILLA
9,452 Posts
adobe products will do everything you want

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
Adobe Premier. As complicated as photoshop but once you learn it, badass! :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, thanks! Looks like I was on the right track and just wanted to be sure. Thanks, again.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Video

Hi there -

I use Pinnacle Systems Studio Plus Version 10. It does work well, after the learning curve. I can't compare it to anything else tho.

I think it might be cheaper than Adobe.

·
Learn'ed
872 Posts
Never used pinacle, Adobe Premier is pretty pricey but could do everything you want. Moving transperancy layers, etc. It would be quite a job though making it look like your daughter riding a horse was her riding a bike, but once you did it you could do a cool fade in effect. A lot of outlining, pushing forward 3 frames, outline again, push forward. You'll get the idea, especially at 30 fps.

·
Registered
221 Posts
aftereffects and premiere should both do what you're looking for.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Sony Screenblast (formerly Sonic Foundry's VideoFactory) is a great midrange video editor. Easy to use, reasonably powerful.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
mustiS said:
Vegas Video is also something you might want to look at :confused
Sure, if you have $1K

·
STEW'S LOVE CHILD
20,003 Posts
I have used both premeir and pincial and both were amazing. The problem with premeir was you had to render it all the time after every new effect you wanted to save. This was an older version so maybe they have changed it since then

·
Registered
424 Posts
nakedjig said:
Sure, if you have $1K
Well, you can look for used copies, or copies before they were bought out by sony. Most of the changes in the newer versions are simply to the interface.. but ya it is pretty pricey compared to others :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts