Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
Trust to me is being able to rely on someone and have confidence in them. Being able to confide in them and know worry that they are going to run off and tell someone.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I don't trust anyone but immediate family anymore. Been screwed over too many times and have the ankle bracelet to prove it.

·
This little piggy went to market...
2,684 Posts
Hypnotiq said:
Trust to me is being able to rely on someone and have confidence in them. Being able to confide in them and not worry that they are going to run off and tell someone.
+1

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
jim_d2p said:
I don't trust anyone but immediate family anymore. Been screwed over too many times and have the ankle bracelet to prove it.
I don't really even trust most of my immediate family. They were not always there for me.

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Trust has many levels... some people I trust a lot... some people I trust a little... some people I don't trust at all. And the level of trust can change at any time. There are very few people I completely trust. I wish there were more.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
Very few people i trust.. Trust is earned, as is respect through actions..

·
Durka Durka!
5,592 Posts
Trust is knowing you can leave your hot ass girl friend with your best friend, and nothing will happen. :D

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Romeo said:
Trust is knowing you can leave your hot ass girl friend with your best friend, and nothing will happen. :D
Or you could be like this dude I heard about on Tom Leykis (shuddup) the other day... he's off fighting in Iraq, meanwhile his wife if banging his brother. Man, that is some seriously fucked up shit. I honestly think if/when that guy comes back and finds out, if he shot them both dead on the spot he should get a pass. :mad

·
Green Blurr
449 Posts
GixxerPete said:
Or you could be like this dude I heard about on Tom Leykis (shuddup) the other day... he's off fighting in Iraq, meanwhile his wife if banging his brother. Man, that is some seriously fucked up shit. I honestly think if/when that guy comes back and finds out, if he shot them both dead on the spot he should get a pass. :mad
:+1

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Is that what prompted this post? Someone betraying you?...:( suckage

·
Registered
97 Posts
You got something you want to get off your chest Sean... I'm all ears, but don't do it here. You know how to get a hold of me. Just remember before you throw it all on me though, She started this not me.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Trust is a life affirming event...at the moment you realize you possess it, you realizeit could all be taken away.

Trust is suitable for two reasons...it serves an egotistical purpose...in short..feeds your belief that your worth someones effort to no screw you. and, it serves a primal social need to not be alone, and the accountability it has to knowing that person is there when you need them.

it serves no physical purpose. But trusting YOUR MOTORCYCLE is a good thing. (Wanted to make sure "Motorcycle" was somewhere in my post)

·
Crazy like a fox...
5,755 Posts
I've learned that trust means something different to just about everybody. But I've also learned that before you can trust someone, you have to understand them, and by doing so, you generally get an understanding of their "version" of trust. It's a hard thing to do. I used to be very trusting, until my "best friend" screwed me over when we were in high school. (granted that's high school for you, but it still didn't hurt any less). One thing, though, (and this is not directed at anyone in particular, I promise) if you're going to betray someone's trust, choose your battles wisely.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Hypnotiq said:
Trust to me is being able to rely on someone and have confidence in them. Being able to confide in them and know worry that they are going to run off and tell someone.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I just learned the last "trust" lesson I need to learn this year.

Trust is knowing someone has your back no matter what, they'll be there for you, life or death. That is the standard of people I want around me, but with those standards, it's a smaller circle but it's nice to live life without worry of the knife landing in the middle of your back. Sadly, it's a word that many people have forgotten, along with the word "truth". My friends and I use the "Matrix analogy", most people are still plugged into it, and they don't want to leave. And some that have been unplugged, want to go right back in.

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
trust huh. wow. shouldn't be a tough one, but sometimes it is.
all too often actually. how about the idea of "she started this, not me"

so, i trusted BOTH of you, but since [she] started it (and broke the trust),
it's OK for [you] to break that trust as well? so, where lies the trust? nowhere?

i'd trust very few people with my wife alone. my wife, i would trust, completely.
and if [he] started it, i'd trust that [she] would be able to stop it. and then i'd
also trust that she'd tell me about it- so i wouldn't trust [him] in the future.
or even better, so WE would know not to trust him in the future. make sense?

or the other way around. if i did trust a close friend with her,
and she started something. i'd have faith that my friend would
be able to stop the situation from going further, and hope that
he would tell me what went on. but for both of them to break it?
:( :eek

trust, respect, love, patience, alla that stuff. goes hand in hand. and yes,
you can have it completely... and the next minute, not have it at all...

i guess faith falls into that as well. :shrug

i'm tired. i guess i should go to sleep. g'night all. tomorrow is a new day. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.