Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my wifes 2003 SAAB 9-3 in the autotrader for a month and no interest. I need to sell it quick as I am throwing money down the drain with every payment. At this point I am ready to just get the loan payed off. Does anyone know of any good consignment dealers in the Mooresville / Huntersville area? Thanks for the help.

Dan Keenan

·
I'm not a poser... It's just a speed impediment
2,246 Posts
Off Topic? When are we ever ON Topic here? :D

It's always worth a shot to bring it to Carmax down on Independence. They'll give you a price for it with no obligation to buy anything from them. If it's in good shape it's worth it. Generally it's 2-4 thousand less than they'll put a price on it when re-selling it, but depending on your situation, it may be worth it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Aside from putting it in a parking lot, Carmax will usually give you the best "wholesale" price.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm thinking I may do that with the WRX at some point here if I continue to receive no interest whatsoever. Or maybe your price is just too high (I have no idea, so no offense meant). If that's the case you'll probably be disappointed by CarMax's offer too.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked KBB and it listed as private sale as $21,200, I am asking $19,000 just so I can cover the loan. I have not checked with carmax, maybe I wil do that the next weekend they are open. Thanks for the help.

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts