Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well was somewhat 'eventful'. Get there, decent place. Old gravel pit. Tables set up and target stands already there. 3 guys there ehen we got there and one was just packing up. Started to shoot pistols. Then to rifles. Did my AR @ 100yds. DIdnt do that great, 3" groupings:( . Then my niece got to try the 30-30. Well she didnt have it shoulderd completely and kicked her a bit. She didnt want to shoot anymore today. We even tried to get her to use my AR since its less kick.

Well I got the .300 out and kept flinching. :mad So I tried to shoot laying on the ground. Well the fucker kicked back on me and bounced teh scope off my forehead. My nose feels like its broke and seems to be swollen. Got a big mark on my forehead from the scope. Luckily my glasses didnt break. Finally got it somewhat close to sighted in. Good enough for hunting though.

My dads 303 on teh other hand is another story. Shooting WAY RIGHT of the target at 100. Like 2' through the scope. Gonna have to bore sight it again. GUess teh scope mounts are fucked.

·
Insomniac
891 Posts
weee...sounds like fun. i need to get back out to the range again. sorry to hear about your forehead and nose though. :twofinger

·
Registered
726 Posts
Did you know you can sleep inside a dead deer to keep warm?

You just slit their belly open and climb on in!

·
Moderator,
8,601 Posts
I thought about taking my 10 year old and my AR out in the yard. I was going to put a mansize cardboard target out at 100 yards and have him put ten rounds through it. Then sending that to the media and showing them that a 100 yard shot is not all that hard. If a ten year old who does not like guns can do it, then there is no reason to refer to some shitbag as a "sniper" and pull military records to find out who all has been through sniper training.:rolleyes

Maybe I'll do that tomorrow afternoon. Dunno how well he would do with iron sights, but I know if I gave hime the 10-22 with scope, he could punch paper all day long.

·
Super Moderator
23,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cappy said:
Did you know you can sleep inside a dead deer to keep warm?

You just slit their belly open and climb on in!
DEja Vu?:laughing

Ya said that in teh last post I had.:D

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
oooh, recoil to the head..........been there, done that, got the headache:D

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Damn, I am very fucking jealous! I i even touch a gun I can get up to ten years in prison. Don't ever want to that again, but damn I ,miss going out and shooting.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Vepr 223...

Is asleep in the closet. I recently bought a 177 cal. RWS air rife that has unbelievable accuracy up to 50 yards. The BEST is that it is QUIET & I can shot out my window at squirrels or joggers;)

·
Registered
12,689 Posts

I got a nice little cut on my nose shooting an Osama target with a .50 muzzle loader on my second shot last winter. That'll teach me to put my eye so close to the scope...a bit embarrassing

·
Registered
454 Posts
YZFRob said:

Well I got the .300 out and kept flinching. :mad So I tried to shoot laying on the ground. Well the fucker kicked back on me and bounced teh scope off my forehead
Say it with me now....RECOIL PAD :twofinger

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ahhh scope bite, been there, done that, got the scars to prove it ;)

Hey think of it this way, at least you got a range day in, my rifles haven't been to the range in about 3 months :( And I've only gone once in the past month or so with my pistols....damn college! :D ;)

·
Super Moderator
23,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: Our little shooting outing today

chocoruacal said:
Say it with me now....RECOIL PAD :twofinger

Had one on when I got it. Makes my reach too long.

·
Moderator,
8,601 Posts
Re: Vepr 223...

eddynasty said:
.... I can shot out my window at squirrels or joggers;)
Do that, and you and Speed_Addiction will have something in common.

·
Moderator,
17,102 Posts
Ahhh when good shooting goes bad...

My husband told me this story, and I don't know who all was involved, but somebody he knows decided to lay on his back in the grass, and shoot the ducks as they flew over, with the butt of the shotgun to his shoulder, he fired at the first duck that flew over.

Then he rolled around in agony and swore.

Helllooo stupid.

I was there for this one:

One of the guys I shoot with brought his adorable new girlfriend, and she really tried to act like she knew what she was doing. After firing my husband's shotgun, she pointed it barrel down, and leaned on it like a cane, jamming dirt into the barrel.

I thought my husband's head was going to pop open, and unleash some sort of stupid girl devouring demon.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Your recoil story reminds me of a skeet shooting outing I did a
few years back. I was using a friend's 20 gauge over/under. It
had a metal buttplate w/ no cushion. (NICE shotgun!)

Anyways...I got cocky and was shooting without any shoulder
padding or protection. On one station I hit the first target as
it came across and let the butt slip as I chased down the second
target. Well...the point of the butt plate was right on the ball
of my shoulder when I pulled the trigger. I nailed the second
target but boy did that hurt.

Unwilling to admit I was in pain, I finished out the round and put
a pounding on my already bruised shoulder. The drive home, in
a 5 speed manual, convinced me to wear shoulder protection the
next time I went shooting with metal buttplates.

I'll never forget reaching for the shift knob the first time and thinking,
"My arm doesn't work!?!?"

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
reminds me of the time i shot my first M1 garand with my mouth hanging open like a dumbass. Almost bit off my tongue AND broke my teeth :laughing

Some mountain men were making fun of my Mini14 (.223's are for pussies, bla bla bla, but good spirited) so I had to take them up on the offer to try out the Garand. Needless to say they left even more entertained than they arrived.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
got a bit of Scope Eye from a 300 winchester Magnum!
Dang that thing was crazy i think it was somthing like a buck a shot too!:toothy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts