Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Highly Volitale Substance
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What will happen...?

*edit- As far as the motor not running, cranking, or turning over to start. I filled it with 1qt of mix instead of .45qt's.

·
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well somehow I got 1qt of mix into it, when it's only supposed to hold a little less than half. And there's no leaks.

I don't get it...

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Just so you know . . . it should be full. I would assume they are saying the capacity of the actual radiator itself is .45 qts. The cooling system consists of the radiator along with all the hoses, water pump, and the cavity around the cylinder. Fill it with however much it takes to get the job done.

·
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well... at first, it the radiator hose that was running into the head sprung a leak right above the clamp. Well I guess I ran it dry then, cause when I took all the hoses off, there wasn't any fluid in the radiator.

Then I pumped out out the remaining water in the pump. Cut the hose where the tear was, and re-clamped it back on with all the other hoses. Mixed up a 50/50 anti-freeze(car)/water mix to about a quart, and cycled it into the system. Well, for whatever reason, I left the gas on "ON" for about a week after I had fixed the hose. I didn't have time to start it when I fixed the hoses, but I never turned the gas off from when I was riding earlier.

Anyway, I came back to it... and then it wouldn't start. I pulled the spark plug, and dry cranked it to get the fuel out, and let it sit for awhile to dry the gas up. Cause it was spraying out of the plug socket like crazy.(I can only assume I had flooded it leaving the gas in the ON position) Well, after a couple of hours, I tried to start it again and nothing. I put in a new plug. I tried push starting. Nothing. It sounds like it's not even turning over. So I tried push starting it on more time, and when I popped the clutch, it cranked a little but gas/fluid came shooting out the exhaust.

And I dare it say it had a hint of neon green in it... But it could've been my imagination. So... yea, I'm lost.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
You may have caused any number of problems by running it out of coolant... perhaps warped the head, casuing leaks into the cylinder/crank case... this would cause coolant to be expelled out the exhaust...

You need to pull your head/jug to see if there is any coolant in the crank...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts