Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
CF hater....
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a zx6r 2000 from a fellow that bought it in japan when he was stationed over there.
He brought it with him to the US and is now in SC

The bike is a race bike from wood stock racing with an american VIN# ( I have the #)

He has a bill of sale from Wood stock to him and I would get a bill of sale from him to me.

Is this sufficient to title the bike in my name.?

Any issues with this scenario??

The local dmv is no help right now( busy signals etc.) but i'l be double checking with them first.

The bike is not street legal I am not trying to register it, just title it my name

the blur on the bike is as below..

VERY FAST, Bought in Japan from Factory race team, (Woodstock Racing) used one season.
Bike is fully set up for the track and everything is already safety wired. Comes with two sets of Rims complete with sprocket housing and all spacers. Second set of rims has Bridgestone rain tires mounted. Charging system removed to increase HP, also has spare battery that comes with it. EBC Brake pads and all Stainless Steel lines. Gas tank has a dent in left side. There is no Speedo so, No ODO reading, Tach and Temp only. If you have time to watch the Speedo go faster! I have not been inside the engine and do not know what has been done, it passed Japanese Tech inspections and I have not raced since I have been back in the states. The bike has only been to the track once in the 13 months it has been back. Bike does not have a title because it has never been registered in the states, it does have an American VIN#, BIKE IS NOT STREET LEGAL.

·
Sometimes I Think Too Much ...
878 Posts
Normally you would have to have a trail of ownership from the manufacturer on down. That starts with a Manufacturers Statement of Origin, then titles. I would take the VIN to a Kawasaki dealer and have them check to see who it was first sold to. If Woodstock was the first owner, they should have the MSO. If you can get it and copies of the Bill Of Sale to the other guy, you might have a chance of getting a title made. Just a thought.

·
Raving Lunatic
2,963 Posts
I'm a little confused as to why you'd really even need the title if you aren't going to register it. :confused

·
CF hater....
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
makes it easier to sell later on and also to title it put it under insurance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts