Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was following a group of riders on 2222 today. A female wearing a helmet and sweatshirt was dragging her foot in the corners. I think the cycle ran over her foot and pulled her off the bike. Luckily the truck following them was able to stop prior to running her over. She was able to walk away from the accident. I stopped to help and direct traffic while the riders attended to their injured companion.

·
Registered
644 Posts
so am doing the right thing by keeping my feet turned inward when i take sharp turns? and also has anyone ever gotten low enough in the curves to make the frame sliders hit the ground? i have intuitive pro sliders on the sv and i was just trying to make sure take every precaution before hitting the track or any good twisties.

·
Forum Leader,
17,386 Posts
Yah i agree with Luis... stock pegs can drag on a SV pretty easy, but if your feet are dragging you should fix that ;)

If you drag your frame sliders, you've crashed. So I'll say yes you can drag them, but you should chose not to!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Reyndogg said:
Yah i agree with Luis... stock pegs can drag on a SV pretty easy, but if your feet are dragging you should fix that ;)

If you drag your frame sliders, you've crashed. So I'll say yes you can drag them, but you should chose not to!
yeah i figured that too but you guys are all more experienced than me so just wanted to be totally sure before my next post on here was "fuck i wrecked my bike". thanks for the help guys.

·
Moderator,
4,670 Posts
unloco187 said:
so am doing the right thing by keeping my feet turned inward when i take sharp turns? and also has anyone ever gotten low enough in the curves to make the frame sliders hit the ground? i have intuitive pro sliders on the sv and i was just trying to make sure take every precaution before hitting the track or any good twisties.
Yes, keep your feet in. Proper positioning will be riding with the balls of your feet resting on the pegs sliding them forward only to shift or apply the rear brake. Keeping them tucked in and on the balls will allow you to control the bike better in the turns. It will also allow you to float your body back and forth on the seat easily.

Frame sliders are NOT meant to touch the ground during normal riding or racing. They are there to protect the frame and engine in the event that bike should land on its side.

·
Moderator,
4,670 Posts
unloco187 said:
yeah i figured that too but you guys are all more experienced than me so just wanted to be totally sure before my next post on here was "fuck i wrecked my bike". thanks for the help guys.
There are a lot of good riders on this board. Most are also licensed racers. Don't ever hesitate to ask anyone any question you might have. If you want to learn, seek out the experienced riders and stay away from the posers.

·
Registered
644 Posts
hey guys i really do appreciate it. my goal is to become an experienced rider, lose some weight because i never seen any fat ass racers then hit the track. i definitely will not hesitate and i apologize if some of my questions seem stupid, but i am not in the mood to wreck or hurt yself anytime soon. too many girls to be with. lol

·
Registered
28,590 Posts
unloco187 said:
hey guys i really do appreciate it. my goal is to become an experienced rider, lose some weight because i never seen any fat ass racers then hit the track. i definitely will not hesitate and i apologize if some of my questions seem stupid, but i am not in the mood to wreck or hurt yself anytime soon. too many girls to be with. lol
Welcome to CF :hi

might I possibly advise an MSF course? Clicky Clicky

NO stupid questions... the time you feel really stupid is when you don't ask and hit pavement because you didn't ask... ask away :D

Oh, and don't take LCR too slow... I have seen someone actually fall over because they were taking a turn too slowly. I know, I know, like you didn't have enough to think about :shrug

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
As a "warmup", try going on Old Spicewood Springs Road - inbetween 360 and North Spicewood Springs / Old Lampassas Trail.

EDIT: Oh yeah, don't go too fast (i.e. don't be fooled/lulled into a false sense of security) - there are a) some 'less than easy' corners and b) its a favorite road of both APD and Travis County...

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
So............wha, what's wrong with putting your feet down?

Some fast guy told me to do it this a way, so this a way is how I do it.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
unloco187 said:
hey guys i really do appreciate it. my goal is to become an experienced rider, lose some weight because i never seen any fat ass racers then hit the track.
Look closer... there are a few "plump" racers out there :redflip

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
YZFCathy said:
So............wha, what's wrong with putting your feet down?

Some fast guy told me to do it this a way, so this a way is how I do it.

It's true. Some fast guys ride with one foot on the ground,;)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
unloco187 said:
couple of fat bastards ride in the fast group all the time
on trackdays. (one guy I recall is so big he has two zippers
and this flap thing to close over his belly - really nice guy
just big)

·
Registered
604 Posts
JoshuaTree said:
As a "warmup", try going on Old Spicewood Springs Road - inbetween 360 and North Spicewood Springs / Old Lampassas Trail.

EDIT: Oh yeah, don't go too fast (i.e. don't be fooled/lulled into a false sense of security) - there are a) some 'less than easy' corners and b) its a favorite road of both APD and Travis County...
:werd

Any time Im going out to LCR, I still take old spicewood as a warm up nice scenery too. :citadel

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
unloco187 said:
.... my goal is to become an experienced rider, lose some weight because i never seen any fat ass racers then hit the track.
I've "Hit"the track many times (hard too) and let me tell you it's over rated. :)
You're welcome to follow this "fat assed racer" around any time.

Skinny is over rated too.....until I get to that point.

[/IMG]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.