Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

PDA questions

478 views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Krabill 
#1 ·
Bought the wife a cheaper PDA for Christmas because they didn't have the one I/she wanted at Best Buy. We returned the cheaper one today and ordered a Ipaq 4155. Anyone have one of these or know anything about them? The wife was telling me about it, but it all went in one ear out the other. Now, I don't want to tell her I wasn't listening.

Any info on Ipaqs will help.

Damn, those things are expensive. Her's was nearly $500 with the service plan thingy.

#3 ·
The saleman showed us his and the screen was beat to hell from the pencil thing. Best Buy guarantees the screen, so if it looks like his, we can return it and get a new one. It seemed worth it.

#6 ·
2uplvr said:
I thought this was a thread about public displays of affection. It's 'cause of all those damn sex related threads that have been posted lately.... you guys are turning me into a pervert!!! :laughing
Why is it when you think of me you think of public displays of affection? I'm telling Apoc.:nanana :nanana

#8 ·
2uplvr said:
I thought this was a thread about public displays of affection. It's 'cause of all those damn sex related threads that have been posted lately.... you guys are turning me into a pervert!!! :laughing
:laughing

DOH! :crackup

#15 ·
jester, I sell Ipaqs and hp stuff for a living... the 4155 is next to the top model (after the one with a keypad on the unit witch for me would be too big for my taste h4355 i think)...

but the 4155 will let you, outta the box access internet (only through wireless network, if you dont know what it is you probably dont have one at home... but she could access internet probably at work, at a cafe, an airport, and at certain restaurants). you can use it as a MP3 player, also to display picture slide shows, watch videos, and the accessories are unlimited... you can buy a 1.3mpixel camera (through the secure digital slot) for about 130$, or for more you can buy a GPS and download a navigation program on it... could use it to map your .. ermm i mean her trips ;)

you can also buy allmost unlimited memory incase you need some for music & pics & videos...... but appart from that she can type letters, make spreadsheets (finances) check emails (where there is wireless access to internet), go on CF :D use it as a calculator, address book, agenda.... gaming.... its basicly a computer.....

if you'd like to spend a few more bucks... i'd go with the h5555... has all that this one has but more... finger print access (if she has confidential info on it, incase it gets stolen) and even acts as a universal remote control (im not sure about your's for this feature....i dont think it has it tho)... but you can expect to spend about 100$ more on that one.... but its definitely worth it if you can afford it... its faster too. but if you dont need internet access on it but still want the remote control.. i think the h2215 has it too... for about 50$ cheeper than the one you have now...

any other questions? :laughing

#16 ·
dannyfromnb said:
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, you can go on CF :D blah, blah, blah, gaming.... its basicly a computer.....

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, universal remote control (sportsblah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, any other questions? :laughing
:redflip :laughing

#19 ·
Danny, you rock. That's exactly what I needed to know about the 4155. Thanks. I wasn't about to spend $530 or so for the hp5555. That's just too much money and I still need riding pants.;)

#21 · (Edited)
Jester27 said:
Danny, you rock. That's exactly what I needed to know about the 4155. Thanks. I wasn't about to spend $530 or so for the hp5555. That's just too much money and I still need riding pants.;)
:thumb ...... yah figured the 5555 would be pretty mutch outta your leage.... its reallllly expensive for a PDA (because its the absolute top one and you allways pay top dollar for a top of the line item)... but I think you will love the 4155.. I mean I think your wife will love the 4155 ;):laughing

edit* :yeah krabill, I dont have much experience with the GPS, its not quite catched on as the PDAs (since its so expensive just for an accessory to a PDA) but "hypothetically" its supposed to work perfectly .... but IMO its a cool feature to add on if you travel alot, very helpful one too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.