Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've begun to plan my dream trip across most of the country. It will start May 22nd from Pensacola, FL and return about 26 June. The route is up in the air as I type this but there are a few places I would like to go through.

In no specific order.

1. Deadwood, SD
2. Austin, TX :D
3. Petaluma, CA
4. Sandpoint, ID
and many points in between.

I would love to meet as many CA's, CFers as I can along my route, take my time, and have fun. My plan is to camp as much as possible but I won't turn down floor space :p !

If anyone is up for a meeting and/or ride...post up and we'll see if I can plan it.

·
Registered
28,590 Posts
Sweet!! I not only have a floor... but I have a BED you can sleep in. :D

Mapping programs... MS Streets & Trips kicks ALL sorts of ass. That is, unless you have Garmin.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lickety-split: Thanks, I'd love to try and work that in!

azoom: I'll try those programs as soon as I have a route somewhat figured out! And thanks for the offer....I chose to go through Austin simply to meet the CA's there! Perhaps I should rename my trip "Marci's CA tour of the US" :D

And regarding Garmin...I used to own one but I never looked at it except to see where I've been. My sense of direction is pretty good. I'm thinkin' that P'cola to Austin is almost a straight shot then want to head north a little ways so I can stay away from Mexico...I'll be riding solo and the last thing I want is to be anywhere near the border... Speaking of which...I should probably sign up for some self-defense classes...:mad

·
~~~??~~~~
2,829 Posts
What direction are you hitting Sandpoint from? It is in N. Idaho and I'm in S. Idaho (Boise). Sandpoint is beautiful by the way! Great destination - N. Idaho is fantastic for scenery and some good twisties too! If you plan on going through S. Idaho on your way to or from Sandpoint, I have an extra room (and a bed like azoom) and would be more than happy to have you!!!

Sounds like a fun trip - you going by yourself? Hell! Depending on when you are hitting Sandpoint, perhaps my hubby and I might ride up with you if you plan on coming through S. Idaho on the way up. We've been talking about doing a N. Idaho ride this summer but hadn't decided on dates yet. ??? Want some company to Sandpoint?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dfowler said:
Want some company to Sandpoint?
Let me think about that for a second...

:giddy HELL YEAH!:bouncy

I will be coming up from Petaluma, probably which puts me somewhere in your general direction.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lickety-split said:
If you run through eastern Kansas, or western Missouri, you speak up and I'll meet you, or put you up in my spare bedroom. Another CA, Tuck, lives about 15 miles north of me in Topeka. Her and I try to great all the CAs that come through our area.
Might be able to arrange that! :D

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
If you're up my way you have a place to stay of course!!

Heck ME - I'd be happy just to GO TO PENSACOLA!! :laughing

That sounds like so much fun!!!!

Nicole

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MILF said:
If you're up my way you have a place to stay of course!!

Heck ME - I'd be happy just to GO TO PENSACOLA!! :laughing

That sounds like so much fun!!!!

Nicole
BRING IT ON!!!!!:D

I've been up to your neck of the woods a couple of times...(before I "knew" you :laughing ). Next time I get there I'll send a PM before I leave...!

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Umm, you need to be in AUSTX over Memorial Day weekend!!! Sooooooooooo many CAs will be there!!!!

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
Cruzergirl said:
BRING IT ON!!!!!:D

I've been up to your neck of the woods a couple of times...(before I "knew" you :laughing ). Next time I get there I'll send a PM before I leave...!
Please DO!! So far I haven't met even ONE CA!! Lil Bit stood me up!! :laughing

·
Registered
968 Posts
Lickety-split said:
If you run through eastern Kansas, or western Missouri, you speak up and I'll meet you, or put you up in my spare bedroom. Another CA, Tuck, lives about 15 miles north of me in Topeka. Her and I try to great all the CAs that come through our area.
If you're up this way, you MUST make a stop in T-Town or at least in nearby Lickety-Splitville. I'll meet up with you where ever. And remember, I'm one of the few other cruiser riders here at CA. We have to hang together you know.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tuck said:
If you're up this way, you MUST make a stop in T-Town or at least in nearby Lickety-Splitville. I'll meet up with you where ever. And remember, I'm one of the few other cruiser riders here at CA. We have to hang together you know.
See, that's the beauty of not really having a plan! I may be able to make a diagonal line from Deadwood South Dakota to T-Town and/or Lickety-Splitville! And, I agree, us cruisers have to stick together. :p

Marines... Next time I'm on my way up to NC...I'll make a point to holler at ya when I'm in GA!!:laughing

The trip is still over 4 months away and I am getting SO excited already! I can't wait to meet/ride with everyone! Just remember...I ride at flow'r sniffin speeds!:D :D

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Cruzergirl said:
I wish I could be there for Memorial Day but that would throw me WAY off schedule for my trip. :(
Oh fiiiiiine.... be that way.....

How's about a quick layover in Dallas???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts