Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Terminally Adolescent
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
150+ in the z tonight. my girl has been talking about trading the car in on something else a lot lately. so tongiht I figured wtf it's 5 am theres nobady out I'm sober lets see what she'll do. I got her up to 150 in no time. like to have shit my pants. not the same on a bike at all. she had more to go too. The car has so much low end I figured it would hit like 135 and Wrap out and slow climb up to 145 maybe. I'm impressed. I ran out of good highway before I had to slow down :( PS this is not the fastest I've gone on a bike, just in a car.

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
ah...something I actually *do* miss about NV. Plenty of long straight road that you can see how fast you can really go. :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Delta-CBR said:
150+ in the z tonight.
I do not know what year your car is; what year is the Z?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
It's definately a wierd feeling. One of my old bosses had a Viper and I got it up around there. Really freaks you out, even when it's in a car built for the speed.

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
It really doesn't freak you out until that rear end starts to get a little bit light... :eek :eek

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Never gone a buck fifty in a car? It's not a big deal on my bike... I've made wheelies at 130 mph. :D

170 starts to feel pretty fast though... :eek

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
GixxerPete said:
Never gone a buck fifty in a car? It's not a big deal on my bike... I've made wheelies at 130 mph. :D

170 starts to feel pretty fast though... :eek
in a car 140 feels really fast... at least to me... bike 170-180 felt really fast. funny how you feel more comfortable on a bike going insane speeds.

·
Durka Durka!
5,592 Posts
Naries said:
in a car 140 feels really fast... at least to me... bike 170-180 felt really fast. funny how you feel more comfortable on a bike going insane speeds.
totally! I was doin 95 in a 40 yesterday and was like, huh, this ain't bad. car though? HELL NO!

yeah, the 350z is SICK!! :drool

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Mattley Crüe said:
I was doing 155 between Munich and Nuernberg in my BMW and got passed by a frickin GOLF CART with a gramma driving it!

Ah I do miss the Autobahn
Wow dude...that was exceptionaly sensitive of you to open up to us like that man.

I have a hug for you.:D

·
Terminally Adolescent
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wish there was a controlled course I could take it to just to see how fast it will really go. speedo error aside etc. hyp your not kiding about the ass end getting that light feeling

·
1,280 Posts
Delta-CBR said:
I wish there was a controlled course I could take it to just to see how fast it will really go. speedo error aside etc. hyp your not kiding about the ass end getting that light feeling

Take it to the abandoned air strip in Canada....and just rent a radar gun..

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Or go for a ride with DavidR and I on our annual TOUR WASHINGTON ride...there are plenty of places in SE Wa we ride were we sustain innapropriate margins of insanity for orgasmic periods of time.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
My co-worker, the cute 24-YO redheaded gal from Darrington came in Monday two weeks back with the story of riding as passenger in an M3 that was doing 160-ish.

I am hoping she will gain some of my reputation as the 'reckless-speed-junkie' at work, and so deflect some heat off of me.

·
BE SAFE AND RIDE SMART
5,602 Posts
I can get you going about 110 in the 1 TON ....Maybe even faster never had it going allong that fast...:redflip

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
In July, 4 of us completely "topped out" our bikes for a looooong time in southern Oregon (Hwy 97). Two 2004 Aprilia Mille Factory R's, One 2002 GSXR1000, and my TLR. That was FUN!! The TLR's speedo read 171, the GSXR's 177, and the Aprilias' both read 169-170 (we were all going roughly the same speed--I had to draft the GSXR to stay with 'em). Not sure what the ACTUAL speed was, but it was quite fast.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts