Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These were from Eric Waunch's Motocross School, Dec 10th at the Monroe Arenacross track. It taught focusing on body positioning, bike set-up, jumping, cornering, passing, braking, starts etc. He knew how to start, 1-2-1 shift and a little trail riding but was the only beginner there to mx track. All the other kids were racers on mx bikes while he was on his JR80 (more of a trail bike). Within 2 hours he was riding the whole course. By the end of the day (7am to 4pm) he was getting pretty agressive and showed more of an improvement then I could have taught him in a year. Having the other kids there really helped to push him.

He is the one on the right. All blue gear, yellow bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the whoops section. His first time on them he went over the bars after the third one.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you guess what happened next.....

Yep..over the bars again then another bike landed and crashed onto him as well within a second of taking the picture. Both riders were ok and kept on going. I was freaked a little being so close. "Over protective dad"

Attachments

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last pic of Nico breaking for lunch. I think he lost a couple pounds with the amount he was sweating even though it was 45 degrees in there.

I was such a dork dad. The only one there with both the digital camera and the digital video.

Great day.

Attachments

·
sumthin sounds crunchy
3,646 Posts
FAT Mitch, that Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
That is nifty!! You are the coolest dad!! So when do they start races?

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry for the full size I uploaded at 2am.

He had an adult class the week before. I will do a begineer adult on the WR250f pretty soon. Nico wants to get back on the track soon.

I want to cross train him as much as possible between trail and MX on the dirt and Pocket bike track time.

He will be pocket bike race training in Jan-Feb as well. We are competing OMRRA this season with 9 racers (Nico included).

·
I like boobs
12,333 Posts
That's cool.

The reason why I was asking is because I don't see too many things for big-kids instruction on dirt. If anyone is interested in more learning, 2-Fast is organizing dirt trackdays for the big kids. It seems that this would be a good opportunity for those that are getting into dirtbikes or looking for more challenge/building skills.

Check it out at www.2-fast.org

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks mnewell

I will hit that one up for me as well using the Wr250f. Will se if they offer a kids one as well

1 - 18 of 18 Posts