Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know when Light-up nite is this year? I thought that it was on the Friday after Thanksgiving, but a friend thinks it's on the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Any of you Pittsburghers have any insight?

I promised my wife that I would take her there and show her my old college, eat some O's fries, and take some photos from Mt. Washington... please help!

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
Michael Im going to ask Nats family i'll let you know when i get an answer

·
How 'bout you go get the ball
2,228 Posts
It's scheduled for November 22. You can do a search on pittsburgh.com, under events, to confirm. Be sure to let me know if your gonna make it.

·
Teabagger is a Fat Bitch
1,369 Posts
AaUuuuGaa! said:
Anyone know when Light-up nite is this year? I thought that it was on the Friday after Thanksgiving, but a friend thinks it's on the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Any of you Pittsburghers have any insight?

I promised my wife that I would take her there and show her my old college, eat some O's fries, and take some photos from Mt. Washington... please help!
yeah like T said, 11/22

you forgot bout primanti's :cool:

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
Oh well They beat me to it. But you got your answer ;)

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, for your help.

As of now, it looks like there's a 95% chance that we will visit the 'Burgh on November 22. I reckon we'll crash at my friend's house on Friday night (gotta photograph the PPG building, et al at light-up night!), and explore Oakland and O's and CMU campus during the day Saturday. And we gotta try to get to Primanti's also. New Yorkers look at me funny when I put fries on my sandwiches.

I reckon we'll head back sometime on Sunday. TSpeed, you free any time during that weekend? Don't know if'n I'll bring my bike; depends on the temperatures around that time. I tend to doubt that I will, tho. But as you mentioned, I think it would be cool to meet you over a drink or something.

·
2,228 Posts
Yeah we should be available. My bike will be in storage unless the weather is really nice till then. It would be great to get together and bs over a beer. You don't have to break plans to do it but it would be nice to meet yinz guys. I'll pm you my number later tonight.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TSpeed said:
it would be nice to meet yinz guys.

"yinz" guys. Hahahahahaha... haven't heard that one in a while. :laughing

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
AaUuuuGaa! said:
"yinz" guys. Hahahahahaha... haven't heard that one in a while. :laughing
Michael you havent heard Nat say it yet huh? It slips out once in a while. Yonzeses LOL

I do have to say that the steak salads are excelent and
:confused wondering why they havenet yet brought it over this way. I mean we have steak salads here but its prepared differently.

Hey TSpeed im not sure where exactly where your from but theres a place in (i think) Beaver called Roberts Roadside it's a small bar type restaurant nothing fancy. I dont know if i can wait till december but can you ship me some wings especially the salt and vinegar Im seriously craving them bad. They are excellent and sooooo cheap. Every year we take My girlfreinds Mom there Its her favorite place and its slowly becomming mine as well LOL.

·
2,228 Posts
Sky...I live like five minutes from Roberts. I don't hang there but I have had their wings and you are correct they are excellent. Are you from this area?

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
Hey TSpeed

No my girlfriend was from the area. We visit at least once a year durring the holidays and we try to make it at least once durring the summer as well. Its rough when we do get up there cause her family is so spread out in the area and we travel many miles everyday to try and see everyone.
Yeah roberts roadside is't usually the kind of place i would patronize also, i remeber the first time i was there and i felt uncomfortable but I knew her mom liked it. What makes it better is that the place is usually empty cause we get there early just to eat then leave LOL.
Oh well i guess i have to suppress my appetite for wings:( .

·
2,228 Posts
Sky.....I guess i should clarify that for ya. I don't hang there but I have been drunk there!!!!!! Of course your probably not going to find many places around here that I haven't been drunk at. God I sound like I need AA.

Oh well....if you really want the wings let me know. My wife works in the food industry and I might be able to have her get some packaging that will hold the wings for shipment. Actually I might be able to just buy the sauce and send it. Let me know and I'll see what I can do. If nothing else I could sneak some into AAuuuuggaa's trunk and you could get them when he gets back.

Do you know where your GF graduted high school from? I'm not trying to pry but it is a small world.

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
TSpeed
LOL being drunk is a good thing ;)
Thanks for the offer. I'm gonna have to be patient on this one, i dont want anyone else to be involved with my addictions:).

Yeah it sure is a small world. She was a product of Freedom High.

·
2,228 Posts
No way....I went to Rochester. Being that I don't know her age....ask her if she knows any of the Graham's (all girls...shannon, angel). that would have graduated around 1985 to 1989.

edit...I actually live in Rochester now. My wife and I moved to FL then TX for about 5 years betweent he two then we moved back. This area is like a black hole....it sucks ya back in. But I actually like living here.

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
TSpeed said:
No way....I went to Rochester. Being that I don't know her age....ask her if she knows any of the Graham's (all girls...shannon, angel). that would have graduated around 1985 to 1989.

edit...I actually live in Rochester now. My wife and I moved to FL then TX for about 5 years betweent he two then we moved back. This area is like a black hole....it sucks ya back in. But I actually like living here.
Hey Tspeed
Sorry, I took me along time to reply my GF was away on vacation and just returned. Unfortunatley, she dosen't know the girls. There is a small age gap between them.

·
Teabagger is a Fat Bitch
1,369 Posts
Holy thread resurrection batman! :eek :redflip

1 - 20 of 21 Posts