Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**********PLEASE READ**********

I posted this in the Southwest Forum, but wanted to put it here as well.

Okay, this is getting tedious scrolling through the posts to find info, so, everyone planning on participating in the ride on Nov 2nd, please send me an email with your emergency contact name and phone #, email address, bike you will be riding and the color, your real name and screen name and all the above info for anyone you are bringing that is not on this board.

If you don't send the info, you will not receive the follow-up email with the ride information. Please also include the group you plan on riding in. Use fast, medium and slow, not 1, 2 or 3. We still need volunteers for leading and sweeping the slow group. We would prefer someone that is already familiar with the hill country roads.

I know it's a pain, but we really need this info. Thanks.

My email address is [email protected]

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
You have my information.

Everyone else -- This is a very important thing to do. Not only does it give information in case (God forbid) something happens, but it also makes sure we all know who is going to be there, how to get ahold of them, and who to send the meeting point information to.

·
Forum Leader,
17,387 Posts
At the minium at least your name and email address so we know how many peeps to look for....if you would rather not give out any contact info, ya better keep the sticky side down :twofinger

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
I am gonna try to make it again. James is your couch or floor vacant this year. :D

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far I have 39 people that have replied with their info. Anyone else that hasn't, send it to me as soon as you can. Time is running out. 12 days and counting!!! :cool

Also, Weezer and 929er, you said you might have friends coming with you. If so, please send me their info, K?

Can't wait!!!!! Hopefully, we'll have good weather.

·
serenity now
6,055 Posts
I really want to go but I am kind of afraid of driving on I-35 after only having my bike for a few weeks. What are you guys going to be doing up there? Does it cost any money?

Steve

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
ninja_steve said:
I really want to go but I am kind of afraid of driving on I-35 after only having my bike for a few weeks. What are you guys going to be doing up there? Does it cost any money?

Steve
No money involved, just an informal get-together. The morning of the meet we split into the slow, med and fast groups and then go over the ride rules (e.g. hand signals, so stunting or passing in corners, etc...) All 3 groups will have a leader and sweeper that makes sure no one gets separated from the pack.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Doesn't cost any money, just a big ass group ride. All paces and ability levels are welcome. Everybody is encouraged to ride at their own pace and there is no pressure to keep up or ride beyond your own comfort level. You send your info to Binskies, she puts you on the list, a few days before you recieve a PM with the meeting point and possibly a route plan. Route plan is never posted publicly, and may not be disclosed at all before the actual meeting. Last one was ~360 miles of some of the best roads the Hill Country has to offer.

Monetarily, you will be responsible for your lunch, gas, and last year we made small contributions to help pay for gas in the chase truck. Helmet, jacket, and gloves are required at a bare minimum, but the more gear you have the better.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Between the one-piece and the 'stich, I think I'm covered for rain or dry... :)

Be there or be Xtant...er.. square I mean.. :redflip

·
Tequila Baron
2,879 Posts
Vagabond said:
Between the one-piece and the 'stich, I think I'm covered for rain or dry... :)

Be there or be Xtant...er.. square I mean.. :redflip
You lil bastage! Rain is just wet who cares if your wet, I prefer my women that way :D

·
Tequila Baron
2,879 Posts
Chris S said:
What women? I've never seen any around you!!! :redflip :D j/k
Fok! Double teamed now...that's how I like.........oh never mind. For the record as amazing as it sounds I do indeed actually have a girlfriend now. I still dunno how that happened but I'm liking it hehe. See avatar for photo :D

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Xtant said:
Fok! Double teamed now...that's how I like.........oh never mind. For the record as amazing as it sounds I do indeed actually have a girlfriend now. I still dunno how that happened but I'm liking it hehe. See avatar for photo :D
Just goes to show you money actually CAN buy you anything. :redflip

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Rocket_Cowboy said:
Just goes to show you money actually CAN buy you anything. :redflip
And while we know this is true, it still doesn't explain how Xtant has a woman.... :twofinger :laughing :redflip

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
badhabityami said:
About how long is the ride? How much gear does the average squid wear ?:p
I think it's somewhere around 400-500 miles for the day... not too long of a ride, but an all day affair...

The average squid.. well.. I think we've established that the average squid wears little to no gear... :)

Most of the people I ride with will be wearing full leathers (I'll be in my one-piece suit) - minimum seems to be a helmet, gloves, boots, jeans and m/c jacket....

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Vagabond said:
I think it's somewhere around 400-500 miles for the day... not too long of a ride, but an all day affair...

The average squid.. well.. I think we've established that the average squid wears little to no gear... :)

Most of the people I ride with will be wearing full leathers (I'll be in my one-piece suit) - minimum seems to be a helmet, gloves, boots, jeans and m/c jacket....
It's actually more like 375 miles. The minimum doesn't "seem" to be as vagabond stated, it IS as he stated. If anyone shows up with less than the minimum gear, they will be sent home. Safety is the BIGGEST concern for this ride.

No hooliganism will be tolerated, and the rules that are outlined will be followed by everyone, or you will be asked to leave.

We are not trying to be hard-ass's, but it is for the safety of everyone that we do this. Please respect it.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts