Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Troy,
If I weren't so busy, I would join you guys tomorrow, with the new baby on the way, I see a lot of weekends at home for awhile.

·
I miss my daggone stars
12,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well...I gotta LOT of work on the house that has to be done tommorrow. IF I get the forks back and the wheels back today...can do a short ride tommorrow...BUT no riding sunday :(

See I teach sunday school and also my wife is involved in several things at church that take place on sundays.....keeps her there from 3:00 to 7:00 so I got the kids then to myself.

Sunday=family :thumb

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sunday, now there's an idea!

Jeff, I already invited you once for this Sunday, but you totally blew me off.
I'm headed out at 9:00 am from the gas station where we met last time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just the top part.

There's alot more good roads in the area besides 66.

Just ask Castor or Narf

614, Tuggles Gap (Hwy. 8), 40............all good stuff

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah, the last set of D-207's

Just scuffed them in a couple of weeks ago with Narf and some of the boys.

Dammit Man!!!!
got any 16" fronts in that pile:laughing :laughing :laughing

·
I miss my daggone stars
12,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:laughing If you weren't such an odd-ball I woulda hooked you up a LONG time ago ;)

I'm keeping a tight lock on these.....took me all year to aquire them!

NOW if I run across a set I can get some without needing them and offer them up to friends, but I needed to get a good supply first ;)

2 sets are gonna get trashed next month at Kershaw anyway...so these will last tll like april

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Off topic--sorry

Do you guys know how long the 66 repaving will last? I did not know this, and if I can ride (next week I guess), I would probably go that way.

I am glad to hear it. Some of the really tight turns are pretty chewed up.

Thanks,
Michael

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
well now im kinda torn...I would like to see the mountains again Sunday, but I dont want to leave you hanging either Mike. Is there a good route between there and SV to run? I did part of 58 last month it was pretty entertaining , I know it runs all the way towards MT Airy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Jeff, it looks like 58 will take you to the north of Mtn. City, but it is a haul from where we ride.

Let's see if I can get this map to show up......

The star is on Stuart, VA......kind of the central area of our loop

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
ive been on it all the way to independance going from west to east. Its a pretty fun route to ride. let me make a call and ill render my final decision...theres gonna be a good group going up there though..if your interested in the long route? Im all for it if not if I get Jeff to go we could stay local, I just want to get an all day ride in.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts