Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be stupid to throw on a Power Comander on my stock 954? I heard that it would smooth out the throttle response, but I didn't know if people usually install a bolt on when they use a power comander? I would like to keep the stock can as I like the quiet nature of the bike now.:thumb

·
Registered
74 Posts
Possibly the BEST investment you could make. I could imagine mine without it.

No questions asked, a great investment.

That should help.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you keep the stock can? I ask because my friend at the Honda shop said that it is pointless to put one on unless you install a bolt on at the same time.:confused I would think that it would help since I'm sure that the fuel mixture from the factory would be lean to appease the green patrol.:rolleyes

·
Registered
74 Posts
Your friend is wrong.

One has no bearing on the other IN THIS CASE. They do compliment each other, but your right, The PCIII will smooth out your power curve reguardless of slip on or no slip on.

·
1 Sick Individual !!
509 Posts
I have to agree. As long as its mapped correctly than U will love it. If its wrong U will hate it. It makes it an untamed beast!!! I got a buddy who added one on his 929RR. When it was mapped correctly. WHOA!!! Look out.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BlueDevil said:
I have to agree. As long as its mapped correctly than U will love it. If its wrong U will hate it. It makes it an untamed beast!!! I got a buddy who added one on his 929RR. When it was mapped correctly. WHOA!!! Look out.
So would it come with a map for stock pipes and engines or is that something that I would have to get custom made for my bike?:confused Thanks for the help here guys.:toothy

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think it has the stock map loaded on it, but i can't remember. if not all you do is download it from the web and install it. it is easy to do. my friend ran one with his stock f4i and loved it. my bike runs smoother and seems to have better low end with mine. i have a two bros exhaust and k and n and use the map for the two bros.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oafboy said:
oh, i forgot, i now get 15-20 more miles on a tank of gas before the reserve comes on
Now you're talking.:thumb I'm really not interested in big boosts in power just smoothing out what I have. Thanks for the info guys!:thumb:D

·
Where we going?
3,221 Posts
I will also chime in to say BEST MOD EVER!!!!

If you're riding a fuel injected bike without one, you're in for a treat. I didn't even recognize my F4i after I installed my PC.

Get some 954 opinions, but on the F4i, it is a world of difference!

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Remember that no two bikes are exactly the same and the "stock" map that comes with the Power Commander might not be the best map there is for your bike. Nothing substitutes for a full blown custom map by a certified dynojet tuner :)

You can download various "base" maps from http://www.powercommander.com/110-211.shtml

Note that map M110-001 is for a completely stock bike. :) The PC you get should come with a CD-ROM with these on them, but often you can find a newer version on their website.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Touche'

·
Registered
134 Posts
My bike was custom mapped by Dan, and it is just plain :redcreep now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts