Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Rule #34
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left @ 10:30 ish and just got home around 4:15. I rode a total of 320 miles or so and snapped some photos along the way. I started in Fredericksburg Va and quite frankly, don't know where I went. I rode West and hit the following towns: Culpeper, Madison, SPerryville, Luray, Winston, Elkton, Charlottesville, ruckersville, gordonsville, Orange, and a few others that didn't have signs. It went from being 58 degrees to low 30s at elevation. The roads in the mountains were SHIT. Some of which were still almost completely snow covered.

I rode some sweet paved goat trails out past Ruckersville...

Anyway...here's a few snapshots.
And BTW... I saw only 2 other bikes the entire time.

In no particular order.

1st pic.. Some OLD ASSED church in Winston. I know it says 1908 on the front but the plate off to the side said 1846 for a construction date. Looked to have some nice cannon ball sized dents in the side

·
Rule #34
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
View of some rolling hills just outside of woodville. . Oh yeah, I rode through woodville too :)

·
Rule #34
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't remember the name of this mountain. I want to say it's stony man.

·
Rule #34
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
some big ass train bridge. I was chased by a dog when I got back to my bike. He didn't bite me though.

·
Rule #34
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And then things got shitty once I started hitting some elevation. I didn't take many pics of these areas because me pulling off the road involved me getting stuck or crashing

·
Rule #34
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The back down to where it was a little more agreeable weather wise. Here's some old ass bridge with wood slats.

·
Rule #34
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Another one of the super narrow, dirty, messy roads I had to ride to get out of where ever I was.

I think an R1150GS adventure would have been perfect for today's ride. My bike needs a good hosing. :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Scot said:
The geek-pit

My batteries went dead on my GPS. I almost cried.
why didnt you just take the spares out of your vibrator?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.