Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Moderator,
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice at the MTV music awards one of the rappers on stage with "puff daddy" was wearing a phoenix?

EVERYBODY has one of these things.:eek

I got in on the SBN group buy and was one of the first people to get one.:D

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
WTF? Got a pic?

·
my dirt bike has slicks
7,323 Posts
Once I was in NYC with no proper winter jacket, so I wore my Firstgear motorcycle jacket outside. All the homies were complimenting me on it. :confused

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I saw a chick in Manhattan last winter who was wearing a Vanson with the reflective piping as a street jacket.

Last year, R. Kelly (I could be wrong) showed up on stage riding a Ducati MH900e and was wearing a Dainese armored shirt.

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
I thought I was the only one to notice that.... The rapper was named Loon he had a black phoenix jacket on. The music sucked but that show was outstanding with the people jumping up and down flipping and stuff.

·
Moderator,
8,057 Posts
The one guy on BET seems to always be wearing a Vanson jacket . I don't watch it , just noticed it a half dozen times going through the channels -mebbe they're a sponsor ?
FWIW , you see lots of people in Europe wearing Dainese , Alpinestar and Spidi jackets , but many of their jackets ( the ones that don't sell well here -lol ) have a very street fashion cut and are meant for everyday wear .

Does anyone else think its funny that they'd wear a jacket for fashion considering how many Ruff Ryders you see wearing gear on a bike ? :confused

A

·
0 Posts
chammer said:
one of the reasons i bought my fieldsheer. joe rocket is for squids. :D :twofinger :D
I like my fieldsheer.

Hey if this catches on it can save us all money, instead of only wearing my riding jacket may-september I can wear it all winter too. That would actually be kinda nice, then I cuold justify a new vanson

·
EGYPT
1,987 Posts
what the fuck

timy said:
I thought I was the only one to notice that.... The rapper was named Loon he had a black phoenix jacket on. The music sucked but that show was outstanding with the people jumping up and down flipping and stuff.
how in the fuck could you say you didn't like that music dude??? that was the best part of the awards!!:redflip

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
what's the issue? lots of rappers ride. maybe it was his riding jacket and he thought it would look cool. i know p-diddy rides. :D

·
my dirt bike has slicks
7,323 Posts
~LongRider~ said:
what's the issue? lots of rappers ride. maybe it was his riding jacket and he thought it would look cool. i know p-diddy rides. :D
What's he ride?

·
EGYPT
1,987 Posts
haters

it sounds like there are just a bunsh of haters posting in this thread, so what if they are wearing biker jackets..... and that comment about promoting the movie torque is about the stupidest thing i've heard all day....dude you must be a redneck stereotyping people like that!!! geeeeeeeez

·
MotoGP World Champion
21,790 Posts
Re: haters

RUFF_RYDA307 said:
it sounds like there are just a bunsh of haters posting in this thread, so what if they are wearing biker jackets..... and that comment about promoting the movie torque is about the stupidest thing i've heard all day....dude you must be a redneck stereotyping people like that!!! geeeeeeeez
Because I speculate what black people might be doing does not make me a redneck. Let's see, we are talking about rappers, right? Most rappers are black. That's not a stereotype, that's a fact. The movie Torque is also centered around black people. That's also not a stereotype, that's a fact. Thus I feel comfortable in making the connection. Just because someone inserts the word "black" in their statement does not make them a racsist.

·
EGYPT
1,987 Posts
calm down

hey calm down and don't get your panties in a bunch there cleatus!

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
Re: what the fuck

RUFF_RYDA307 said:
how in the fuck could you say you didn't like that music dude??? that was the best part of the awards!!:redflip
I liked the the show more than the music. Puffy is a producer and a entertainer not a rapper he's one of the worst lyrcist in the world....... just my .02

·
Registered
122 Posts
Damn i can't wait to get my custom made leathers from SYED.

Peace...

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
Re: Re: Re: what the fuck

Homeslice said:
True.
It's a shame that most everything on the radio and TV is just "hip hop", not true rap
:thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb

You get five thumbs up for that comment buddy. I call it Hip Pop cause it is clearly pop music now. I hope we never see a rap New Kids on The Block. Then I would have to shoot myself.

·
MotoGP World Champion
21,790 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: what the fuck

timy said:

You get five thumbs up for that comment buddy. I call it Hip Pop cause it is clearly pop music now. I hope we never see a rap New Kids on The Block.
We basically already have that.....Nelly, Ja Rule, etc. :rolleyes
Nobody wants to rhyme anymore, or be the slightest bit clever......instead, all they want to do is make a "hip-hop" song bragging about how much money & honey they be gettin'

1 - 20 of 28 Posts