Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TRP. D.L. Litaker was very kind to me today when he pulled me over for speeding in Gaston County. Our conversation was one of mutual respect and conducted in a gentlemenly fashion. There was no lecture and no condescending attitude. He explained to me that there had been numerous complaints on that road about speeding motorcycles (enough to warrant him staking it out) and to take it easy. He then sent me on my way with a kind wave and a written warning. I thought I was getting a court date for sure as he obviously had me (there was no denial on my part). So, a big :thumb for trooper Litaker and thanks.

·
The Vespanator
4,964 Posts
Ain't it great when it works out that way! :D
Like you, I've found that attitude - respect & courtesy - is key. ;)

·
"Whatever It Takes"
2,169 Posts
That's awesome! I've know him for years, he's one cool cat :thumb

·
Rolling Chicane
8,124 Posts
I got pulled on I-40 once for 92 in a 65...........after a very respectful conversation I was let go with a warning and told to "keep it under 80"

Whew...............

"YES SIR!!!!!!!!"

·
Registered
559 Posts
Finally... a lawman we all want to get pulled by. The weiners down here in fayettenam should go up to you guys for some note taking...

getting a little tired of "YA'LL BOYS GON LERN ONE WA OR ANODA"

Everytime I've gotten pulled over- I've always taken my helmet, jacket, gloves off... just to show I'm a person not some "BOY"

sometimes it helps.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Yea i learned a long time ago NOT to outrun a cop. ....
Something about....10 people in a probe, 2 hanging out the back, a case of beer and ALOT of Dead End roads. :rolleyes :redflip

·
Registered
528 Posts
yeah but i get a ticket last month in kannapolis. Hell i even tried to break out my BLET t shirt and put it on before he got to me. oh well 110 dollars

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well like I said there was no denying my speed. Sharp left followed by a sweeping right ending up staring straight down the barrel of a speed gun :eek . I figured I'd get a ticket but, somewhere between saying, "oh shit, thats a trooper" and actually getting off the bike I knew it wouldn't be a bad stop. Litaker pulled out immediately but he didn't turn on the blues until we got to a safer place for a motorcycle to stop and he did a good job of protecting both the bike and myself with his cruiser. Once he asked for my id and reg. he said, "you know I pulled you over because you were speeding around that curve back there?" I just nodded and said, "oh, yes sir." So he ran my license and came back to me with a written warning. I was happily surprised at not getting a ticket. Trooper Litaker then told me why he was there. So this :redflip is for you guys taking new hope road at 140mph and bringing me several momments of anxiety :laughing .

·
Up and Coming
103 Posts
ZX9PILOT said:

Everytime I've gotten pulled over- I've always taken my helmet, jacket, gloves off... just to show I'm a person not some "BOY"

sometimes it helps.
OOOOOHHHHHH THANKS! :D doubt that would work for me being 15 :rolleyes I just gotta hope for a woman and wing it :crackup

·
Up and Coming
103 Posts
or if Im close to home theres nothing wrong with the tuck and twist :redflip

·
Rolling Chicane
8,124 Posts
Knuckles said:
Especially since you are so experienced and fast. :nanana

·
Up and Coming
103 Posts
yea Im lances son :redflip ........thats why I said CLOSE to home if you can ride a bike you can out run a car in back roads with only a few hundred yars left till you can pull in the garage and look out the window ;)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Sig said:
Especially since you are so experienced and fast. :nanana
I don't know... I'd say the amount of miles Cody rides (with Lance showing him how BTW) would qualify him as experienced. How many miles have you ridden this year sig?:redflip

·
The Vespanator
4,964 Posts
Knuckles said:
Just remember that it's a potential felony charge (or at least having your license yanked 'til you're 18) if you get caught.
Not really worth the risk just to try & get out of a speeding ticket.
(Though I'm no-one to talk! :rolleyes)

·
Freedom of Speech, Don't take it lightly...
2,147 Posts
My boy Roy, ran & all he got when the N.C. State Troopers caught him and the courts were though with him was.....
1) 3 Days in jail
2) $8000.00 bail
3) Motorcycle impounded
4) Impounded cost $$$$
5) No driving privilege 1 Year
6) 18 months probation
7) No leaving the state of N.C. (18 Months)
8) 3 Felonies....Later dropped to 5 misdemeanors
9) $3000.00 Lawyer cost
10) 172 hours community serves
11) lost his job @ Car Dealership in S.C.
12) His Auto Insurance drop him like a HOT potato
13) The hot girl he was dating was gone

·
Up and Coming
103 Posts
JRA said:
I don't know... I'd say the amount of miles Cody rides (with Lance showing him how BTW) would qualify him as experienced. How many miles have you ridden this year sig?:redflip
not to mention boomer,kerry, and a few others that should get as much credit all the long learning trips they were there too kinda like god fathers .... cant u tell kerrys givin me some smart advice as we speak :D

·
Up and Coming
103 Posts
lol nah we all have a great time Im just trying to make em feel old lol:nanana

1 - 20 of 25 Posts