Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5950304/

Dog put paw on gun's trigger as owner tried to kill himThe Associated Press
Updated: 12:56 p.m. ET Sept. 21, 2004PENSACOLA, Fla. - A man who tried to shoot seven puppies was shot himself when one of the dogs put its paw on the revolver’s trigger.

advertisement

Jerry Allen Bradford, 37, was being treated at a hospital for a gunshot wound to his wrist.

Bradford said he decided to shoot the 3-month-old shepherd-mix dogs in the head because he couldn’t find them a home, according to the sheriff’s office.

On Monday, Bradford was holding two puppies — one in his arms and another in his left hand — when the dog in his hand wiggled and put its paw on the trigger of the .38-caliber revolver. The gun then discharged, the sheriff’s report said.

Deputies found three of the puppies in a shallow grave outside Bradford’s home, said sheriff’s Sgt. Ted Roy.

The other four appeared to be in good health and were taken by Escambia County Animal Control, which planned to make them available for adoption.

Editor's note: The original version of this story erroneously reported that Bradford was charged with felony animal cruelty. Investigators have applied for an arrest warrant for Bradford charging him with animal cruelty, but the request is under judicial review, according to Escambia County Sheriff’s Sergeant Ted Roy.

© 2004 The Associated Press.

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
:clap

·
Good on 2 God on 1
4,568 Posts
Go puppies!! That rocks! I wonder if that "Puppy's" for hire :laughing :clap

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
:laughing :laughing :laughing

Them's hunting dogs! Good for the pups and I do remember a similar story from a couple years back. :confused

·
One Of God's Own Prototypes
8,300 Posts
I read this a long time ago. Or at least a very comparable story. Im glad he got shot..I don't see how anyone could actually shoot puppies :shake

·
Power hungy mad man!
17,768 Posts
i heard this before. either its a identical repeat or its BS

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
I am sure the pup got off on a self-defense plea!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speed_Addiction said:
I am sure the pup got off on a self-defense plea!
:laughing

If it's a repost, I'm sorry. I just found the article yesterday. I'm pretty sure that MSNBC/AP are reliable sources, so perhaps it has happened twice. :shrug Either way I was glad to see the bastid got shot.

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
1slw said:
:laughing

If it's a repost, I'm sorry. I just found the article yesterday. I'm pretty sure that MSNBC/AP are reliable sources, so perhaps it has happened twice. :shrug Either way I was glad to see the bastid got shot.
The incident a couple of years ago was a hunting accident. A **** hound stepped on one of the rifles and it went off. Like they say, "That dog won't hunt!"

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
1. Man shot in arm by puppy accused of animal cruelty
October 23, 2004 •• 227 words •• ID: pen2004102509032389
A Walnut Hill man who made national headlines last month as he tried to shoot a litter of puppies was arrested Friday on charges of animal cruelty. Jerry Allan Bradford, 37, was holding two puppies, trying to shoot them in the head, when one wiggled, sending a bullet into Bradford's wrist. Bradford had shot and killed three puppies before he was wounded himself. The shepherd-mix pup that "fired'' the bullet was taken to the Escambia County Animal Shelter and renamed

2. Deputies: Man trying to shoot puppies shot by struggling dog
September 9, 2004 •• 398 words •• ID: pen2004090909591823
Sean Smith @PensacolaNewsJournal.com A man who told deputies he was trying to shoot his seven puppies was wounded when one of the animals caused his gun to discharge, the Escambia County Sheriff's Office reported Wednesday. Jerry Allen Bradford, 37, of the 4700 block of Rigby Road, who was shot in the wrist by a .38-caliber revolver, faces felony animal cruelty charges in the incident that occurred Monday, the Sheriff's Office said. Investigators have applied for an arrest

So I guess this happened back in the beginning of September. These are articles from The Pensacola News Journal. He was arrested and charged for it. :clap :clap

1 - 14 of 14 Posts