Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm interested in making a motorcycle license and I wanted to know a few things. I pulled most of the info from dmv but there was some other important things I needed to know. Are there any courses required prior to the exam? I have a class E drivers license so I'm not sure if i have to take the defense course again. Or do I need to take a motorcycle course even though I already learned how to drive it from my dad? Also, can I have both a drivers license and motorcycle license together? Also, how long do I need to wait to take the exam after getting my permit? Any tips for the exam are welcomed. Thank you and apologizes if this question was posted previously on the forum.

·
eNVisible
2,744 Posts
gurmeet97~ To answer your questions:

1. You are not required to take a formal training course however taking a Motorcycle Safety Foundation course is recommended. Note: If you complete an approved Basic Rider Course (BRC) then you will receive a waiver and can obtain an "M" class license (see item #3).
2. I would suggest reviewing the Prepare For Your Road Test document as there are certain restrictions.
3. Once you pass your motorcycle road test (and since you have an "E" class license already) you will have an "M" added to your license designation.
4. Ensure you have a properly registered and inspected motorcycle and a properly registered and inspected motor vehicle with a driver that has a valid driver license to transport the license examiner during your road test. If these conditions are not met you will not be able to take your motorcycle road test.
5. Be patient and practice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts