Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cliff notes version, I promise

I have a new boss and she's a total lesbian bitch. She doesn't like me and I don't know enough about her to care. She found out from a co-worker about my teaching/counseling practices and has had a "talk" with me. She sent an email:rolleyes

Yesterday she found out I was buying Christmas presents for a couple of students who have absolutely no hope for a Christmas. Well, today I got to work at 7 am and there was an email from this bitch with a "written reprimand that is in my file". I normally wouldn't care, but in the email it said that I give too much time outside of school to my students' families. wtf does that mean??

I drove over to the main office to ask wtf she meant and why I was being written up. Well, she was in a meeting...and I didn't care:D Conversation went like this:

Me "Why am I written up and why is caring about my kids wrong"
Her "We'll talk about this later"
"You don't know me or what I do. You couldn't pick me out of a line-up if I wasn't here right now!!"
"I'm in a meeting. You do KNOW who this gentleman is, DON'T YOU!!"
"Hey Scott (the Superintendent of the entire district) this is bullshit!"
Scott: "why are you being written up?"
Me "for buying Christmas gifts for my students who have nothing and no hope for a holiday if I don't do something"
Her "he's overstepping his role as a teacher and administrator. I was told he's spent over $600 on his students"
Me "mind your own business. Don't threaten me with bullshit because I have a relationship with my students. If you don't like me, fire my ass and be done with it!"
Her "We'll talk later. I'm busy"
Me "Fuck you. I quit. Run the school yourself. You've never been there so I'll draw you a map."
Scott "You're not quitting and why the hell is he being written up for spending his money on Christmas gifts for his students?"
Her "that's not his job."
me "wtf does that mean!! You're an idiot and have your head so far up your ass you can't see the reality of how life is for some kids. I'll be working by Monday. See ya"

I had a gallery of people watching me yell at this bitch. Scott came after me, in the hallway, and promised to clear my file. Then, he shook my hand for doing what I'm doing for the kids and their families. Then, he told me to "get your ass back to work" and smiled.

The bitch is on conditional hire and was forced to apologize:laughing Scott called me later in the afternoon and agreed to buy me a "tea" (long island) after work. Needless to say, she won't be back next year:laughing I love my job and it's nice for the top dogs to appreciate what I do.

I guess the Cliff notes version is a little longer than I thought:nanana My wife was/is pissed but she's totally cool about it...now

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Awesome Jester !

From what I see and read from you, if I had to picture what a good teacher would be like, I think it would be you.

You definitely go above and beyond the call of duty for your kids, and I applaud you for it. :clap Thanks !

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
:clap Jester!:clap
Your stories are some of the best here. No matter how I feel, you ALWAYS have something that bring life into perspective. I've never meet anyone who does their job such as you.

Many props. Many Many Props.:hail

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
well done Jester... well done indeed :)

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Wow, great story! My boss is an idiot too, glad someone higher up was able to help you and your hard work and dedication doesn't go unnoticed!!! :clap

·
Have you seen Pauldun's frakking awesome post?
9,765 Posts
Jester27 said:
"I'm in a meeting. You do KNOW who this gentleman is, DON'T YOU!!"
"Hey Scott (the Superintendent of the entire district) this is bullshit!"...
Funniest damn thing I've seen this week :crackup

·
Moderator,
14,196 Posts
HAHAHA! Joey, that kicks ass.... Stupid bitch got what was coming to her.... Those kids are so lucky to have a teacher who cares so much for them... :clap

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
holy crap that was cool!!!!!!!!!!

Joey, dont you ever change what you are and show the same kind of morals to the kids you teach. That bitch had her head so far up her ass that she should get her house burnt down. MERRY CHRISTMAS BITCH! Its amazing that for a change someone high up in the system makes sense.

Again, dont ever stop what you do or how you are. Those kids will never be able to thank you enough for what you do and what you've done for them. I'd also agree with Evan, no matter how I feel you allways manage to make me feel better after reading your stories! Your the type of person that makes the holidays and christmas what they are! Keep it up!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
What a great guesture of giving! That's the kind of teachers this world needs...

BTW - Did you really spend $600 on them?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Should have thrown in some knife edge chops for good measure!!!!!!!!

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Morfeus077 said:
BTW - Did you really spend $600 on them?
Actually, it was a bit more than $600, but my wife and I don't buy gifts for each other. We have too much stuff as it is:laughing If we want something, we buy it. There's no need to wait.

One of my kids would wear the same sweatshirt and jeans every day, 5 days a week, for weeks on end. He has nothing else and his dad has serious mental/medical conditions. I went to Old Navy and when I was finished getting him t-shirts, "hoodies", jeans, and undergarments, it came out to about $200 or so. When I gave him the packages, he started to cry and this kid isn't the type or at least I didn't think he was the type. It took him less than 10 seconds to strip off his old hoodie and jeans and get into the new stuff. Then, I showed him how to use the washer & dryer in his basement (prolly hasn't been used in months).

I've also got 3 other kids, 2 girls and a boy, who are basically homeless and live at a shelter. Old Navy and some crazy little boutique in town were perfect for them. Jackets, pants, skirts, and tops. I won't buy the girls under garments--that would be a no-no.

It's what makes the season perfect. I hate the commerciality and greed of the season. I'll have the CC debt paid off in a couple of months so it's no big deal:D :D

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
That's so awesome to light up their lives like that. One of my best friends is a teacher in HS and feels like his studens are his kids, at least for a while. He treats them with respect and that in turn command theirs. He is often doing things like you did for his less "well-to-do" kids. He's highly respected and often very humble.

Thanks for stepping up to the plate and being the kind of man God created you to be! We need more like you, and certainly more teachers like the two of you...

Additionally... I think we share the same feelings about money. It's only an object. It's a tool that you have and can do many great things with it. If you spend what you have, no big deal... there will be more. I can't stand greed!

·
Beati pacifici
3,067 Posts
Did you distribute the presents equally, or did you just single out a few students?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Very cool man! Congrats on your attitude towards the kids and the support you get from your wife on doing things like this.

It's very cool to see people doing good.

·
Power hungy mad man!
17,768 Posts
1. happy birthday
2. you rule:
2a. for caring about your kids
2b. for sticking up to that bitch

1 - 20 of 57 Posts