Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

whats a good transition from a ninja 500r?

  • CBR 600 F4i

    Votes: 24 28.2%
  • YAMAHA R6

    Votes: 11 12.9%
  • CBR600 F4

    Votes: 21 24.7%
  • GSXR 600

    Votes: 9 10.6%
  • DON'T BE A WOSS GET A HAYABUSA!

    Votes: 20 23.5%
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
EGYPT
Joined
·
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i know this question has been asked many times... i am a new rider, just started riding 2 months ago already put 3.000 miles on my 98 ninja 500r, it has been a great beginner bike! but next march i'm ready to buy a new bike! either an R6 or an F4i, or F4 or GSXR600, what do you thik would be a better choice for a farily new rider, i want something a bit comfortable and a little more forgiving on the rider! i like twisties and all the stunting i would wanna do would just be wheelies and maybe stoppies! what would you recommend!:confused
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,186 Posts
The F4/F4i is the most comfortable and forgiving bike on your list. Its also a very capable corner-carver.
 

·
Graphic support
Joined
·
1,525 Posts
I agree, the F4 is an incredible machine. I actually prefer the F4 to the newer F4i due to comfort level, suspension, and dual seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,419 Posts
my vote goes to the F4i, or the F4...

F4i Pro's: (my personal choice)
Fuel Injection
More power
Better looks in my opinion
newer bodystyle(and you can buy it brand new if you want to, plus higher resale and a bigger aftermarket)


F4 Pro's:
More comfortable
single seat
not the newest body style CBR, there for you can pick one up cheaper

but since you stressed the importance on comfort, and coming from a 500 either bike will be fast as hell for you, also unless your a professional stunner i dont think you'll even notice the difference between them just doing some run of the mill wheelies/stoppies... so i'd say find yourself a nice deal on a F4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
i think the r6 is the better out of the group. i gyess it depends on what u want it for. i use mine for tricks and racing the mountian but if u want to cruise around then chose one of the other one that just my opinion.RUFF_RYDA307 u know how i treat my r6 and how it still runs 2001 r6 with 16000 miles on it and havent had a problem yet. :cool
 

·
EGYPT
Joined
·
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ronnie

scootnr6 said:
i think the r6 is the better out of the group. i gyess it depends on what u want it for. i use mine for tricks and racing the mountian but if u want to cruise around then chose one of the other one that just my opinion.RUFF_RYDA307 u know how i treat my r6 and how it still runs 2001 r6 with 16000 miles on it and havent had a problem yet. :cool
your rite ronnie, i've seen how you treat your R6, i'd say you treat it like a one legged, two dollar hooker on crack, but somehow you still have love for the biatch..."just kidd'n asshole":redflip
 

·
Huh?
Joined
·
7,412 Posts
Pretty much what del la sol said is my suggestion, I almost got a f4, but past on it.. very nice bikes though.


Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
yeah she is a hooker everyone stops and looks when she is performing . she has ur eye dont she. :cigar so when u chose a bike i hope it is a good choice.just remember it is cheaper to fix a yamaha when she breaks but a honda will break u. :toothy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,531 Posts
If you have to have a new bike out of that list, F4i...a R6 isn't the best bike for a begginner nor the Gixxer (both are extremely uncomfortable and very unforgiving)...so, that leaves the Honda....get the Honda.

~ Tyler
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,619 Posts
I voted for "quit being a wuss and get a Hayabusa":redflip

Personally, get a Gixxer 600.
 

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
16,949 Posts
I don't know if I agree after a few months of riding to buy a new 600. But the F4 is the safest bet IMO.
 

·
EGYPT
Joined
·
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I KNOW

Ian said:
I don't know if I agree after a few months of riding to buy a new 600. But the F4 is the safest bet IMO.
i'm definitly not looking to buy one rite now, i'm talking next season, i;ve put 3 thousand miles on the bike, so i've gotten a feel to riding, plus i rode an 02' r6 and a 94 f4 and i did just fine on them, cuz i knew how to be easy on the throttle, but yeah i know i should probably wait even longer, but hey you know how it is man............... SO FOR THE MOST PART IT LOOKS LIKE THE F4 AND F4i are the best choices so far! that busa vote was definitly a waste:redflip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
716 Posts
My vote is for the F4. More comfortable than the F4i and pretty much the same bike with better mid range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
Re: I KNOW

RUFF_RYDA307 said:
i'm definitly not looking to buy one rite now, i'm talking next season, i;ve put 3 thousand miles on the bike, so i've gotten a feel to riding, plus i rode an 02' r6 and a 94 f4 and i did just fine on them, cuz i knew how to be easy on the throttle, but yeah i know i should probably wait even longer, but hey you know how it is man............... SO FOR THE MOST PART IT LOOKS LIKE THE F4 AND F4i are the best choices so far! that busa vote was definitly a waste:redflip


A couple things, first, there are no 94 F4s, they were F2s, second, it is MUCH easier to have self control on someone elses bike with dollar signs in your eyes thinking about what happens if you crash it.

Third, no 600 is going to be forgiving, your Ninja 500 is, so if you're looking for forgiving, don't upgrade. Fourth, I've put on more milage on in 10 days then your total experience, so don't get cocky and try doing stunts and such.



Also, I'd suggest an F2 an older GSX-R 750 or ZX7 (ZX7H or oil cooled Gixxer)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Re: Re: I KNOW

James said:
A couple things, first, there are no 94 F4s, they were F2s, second, it is MUCH easier to have self control on someone elses bike with dollar signs in your eyes thinking about what happens if you crash it.

Third, no 600 is going to be forgiving, your Ninja 500 is, so if you're looking for forgiving, don't upgrade. Fourth, I've put on more milage on in 10 days then your total experience, so don't get cocky and try doing stunts and such.



Also, I'd suggest an F2 an older GSX-R 750 or ZX7 (ZX7H or oil cooled Gixxer)
i agree with all of this just when u think u have a bike mastered it will get u. trust me. what ever u chose u will have to respect it or it will make u respect it.:p
 

·
EGYPT
Joined
·
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Re: I KNOW

James said:
A couple things, first, there are no 94 F4s, they were F2s, second, it is MUCH easier to have self control on someone elses bike with dollar signs in your eyes thinking about what happens if you crash it.

Third, no 600 is going to be forgiving, your Ninja 500 is, so if you're looking for forgiving, don't upgrade. Fourth, I've put on more milage on in 10 days then your total experience, so don't get cocky and try doing stunts and such.



Also, I'd suggest an F2 an older GSX-R 750 or ZX7 (ZX7H or oil cooled Gixxer)
i know that 94's are f2's never said they were f4's, i'm not trying to do stunts, well maybe a wheelie every now and then, its like once you pop you can't stop.......rite ronnie:redflip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,901 Posts
scootnr6 said:
i think the r6 is the better out of the group. i gyess it depends on what u want it for. i use mine for tricks and racing the mountian but if u want to cruise around then chose one of the other one that just my opinion.RUFF_RYDA307 u know how i treat my r6 and how it still runs 2001 r6 with 16000 miles on it and havent had a problem yet. :cool

Let me add that the R6 is a great bike...no question there - BUT

Out of the whole list, the R6 is the hardest bike to control/ride. Not necessarily around town, but on twisty curves or the track, the R6 demands a pro rider in its saddle. Things like trail braking, line changes, etc.... are 10x harder to do on this bike.

My recommendation is any bike on your list but the r6.
 
1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Top