Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took off my front signals.. and forgot which wire goes with which... i put aftermarket flush mounted signals and i hooked them up the way they were supposed to be hooked up.. and the green blinker indicator does not work.. unless i change that pattern... so right now i only have blinkers hooked up and not the driving lights... if anyone has pictures of the wiring.. that would be great or tell me which color goes with which.. i have a 99 r6... help would be appreciated

·
Registered
59 Posts
your factory blinkers are three wire blinkers. if your aftermarket blinkers are three wire also then this should help.

if u know how to use a multimeter or test light test the wires on the bike. one wire (which should be black) wont read power at any time. this is your ground wire. one wire will read power (should be 12 volts) any time the key is on, this is your running lights. one wire will only read power when that blinker is turned on. that is that sides blinker light. with the green indicator not coming on it sounds like u are sending ground back through one of the blinker wires.

if your aftermarket blinkers are only two wire blinkers then they arent going to have running lights only blinkers, but will hook up the same way.

might sound a little confusing if u dont have any electrical experience, but best i can do over the net. later

1 - 2 of 2 Posts