Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what do the racers want to see in this type of organization?

Needs, wants? What would YOU do, if you had the chance to make the rules (Cause you do!!!)

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Re: Wats NAPRA

redduck996 said:
Is this a sub-division of PBRN? Is this affiliated with PBRN?
How would this differ if not?
This has no connection with the PBRN whatsoever. This is an alternate sanction that will be forming in the near future. I don't have many details on this so I will let others tell you the details.

Razor.

·
Pocketbike Pedagogue
1,118 Posts
What it is, brudda

What NAPRA is:

The North American Pocketbike Racing Association is an alternative to PBRN. It is in NO WAY affiliated with the PBRN.

NAPRA has actually existed for many years before the PBRN came into existence, but it has always been just a group of basic rules and recommendations for safe event-style racing, and a discussion on organized racing in general...essentially a "blueprint" for those wishing to start racing in their areas, and a place to announce and find those races, and network with other racers.

You can access the NAPRA site at http://pocketbike.org

NAPRA had been held in its current state largely due to promises made by PBRN that their organization would become a democratic representation for the racers of North America.

It has now been revealed that the PBRN is in fact a private corporation (I personally was not aware that they had actually incorporated), and that as a private corporation, they have no intention of being entirely democratic in nature, and allowing racers to fully control the organization.

As a result, some racers have pulled out, and the discussion is once again open to the prospect of making NAPRA a national sanction that would be entirely democratic; by the racers, and for the racers.

I suggest a series of Polls and discussions be put forth that would address any and all concerns that you as racers feel you may have - anything you believe would improve the sport, make it more competitive, more exciting, or more fair to all participants.

-Marcelo

·
Registered
9 Posts
The thing is this is basically "division" and division in a growing and as yet unrecognized by the mainstream sport is NEVER good.

NAPRA and PBRN need to find a middle road rather than separate ones if they really want to promote and grow the sport (and yes, I've witnessed this firsthand in another sport).

Numbers of event participants are small enough without splitting them between sanctioning organizations.

When you can find a way to work together to bring huge numbers of both participants and especially spectators to nationally recognized events on a consistent basis then you'll bring the money, the recognition and the growth, real growth that will influence the sport in a positive way.

Otherwise, you just create confusion, division and ultimately hold everything back from the really important goals.

I'd hate to see you learn the hard way... the sport will ultimately suffer.

:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts