Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The alpha males:
"Real men vote Republican," National Review's Jay Nordlinger writes in an essay on "political virility" in the Wall Street Journal Online yesterday.
"Republicans have seldom shied from an embrace of manliness," he noted. And while President Bush is "famous for his 'compassionate conservatism' ... Bush as hombre has been the dominant theme of his post-September 11 presidency."

"Dick Cheney is a laconic Westerner, exuding an aura of competence, strength and dependability. You get the feeling that things are going to be all right if Mr. Cheney is on the case. Like his boss, he talks straight, in matter-of-fact tones.

"Donald Rumsfeld is almost a riot of manliness," Mr. Nordlinger continues, calling him "the anti-Clinton. We see this in his authenticity, his trustworthiness and his frankness. He is so direct, he practically assaults the modern, spin-accustomed ear.

"Since September 11, many Americans have rediscovered the virtues of manliness in office. The Democrats have a job to do if they're to challenge the 'daddy party' in this respect," Mr. Nordlinger concluded, adding that Democrats "will have to acquire a bit more testosterone if they're to compete with the GOP."

:nanana :nanana

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
:shake Real men vote conservative.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Real men who have real jobs (that want to keep them), who have families, vote democratic.

Real men who are wealthy, own large corportions, that could care less about the little guy or working families vote republican.

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Nuetered Pantywaists who are convinced the sky is falling because the Democrats say it is vote for nutjobs like Dean.

Liberals know little about keeping any promises. I mean look at Alec Baldwin. He swore he was going to leave the country if Bush won and he is still here. He'll get another chance next November, let's see if his word is word anything this time around.

·
King of something
4,583 Posts
Politics :shake

The majority of poor are gonna vote Democratic and the majority of middle and upper class are gonna vote Repulican.
This has been true for as long as anyone can remember.

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
would you guys give the politics shit a rest please. Go to yahoo.com, find the most recent political crap and post it here.

Politics will be CF's next 'religious' type problem. But what do I know I'm just a liberal monkey.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Real men vote for whoever they want without giving a shit what anyone else thinks.

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
SD72GSXR said:
Politics :shake

The majority of poor are gonna vote Democratic .
The whole thing about the plight of the poor pisses me the fuck off. There are very few "poor" if you think about it. Poor does not mean you have to stay that way. Let's consider a few things that make up the "poor." How many of the "poor" are the single mom's that fell for Dre and his mouth full of gold or Bobby Ray and his cool Trans-Am. Dumbass bitches should have known better. They made themselves a statistic. How many are drug addicted POS? Choosing drugs over work is not going place in a decent income bracket. Oh that is right,WORK! Well my grand pappy had to pick cotton for free so why should I have to work?

Education! How many innercity and Hayseedville assholes go to high school and not do shit? Act all bad with the teachers, use the gangsta rappa as role model. Then bitch that they are poor.

I know all about being poor! Was broke, homeless and a recently released convicted felon two years ago. Next month I am about to expand my business with a wrecker service. It cost me a lot of hard work. Yeah, work! What a concept. The rest of the guys that were released when I was? Still in the gutter where the want to be, so they can complain about being poor.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Now thats offensive.

·
King of something
4,583 Posts
Speed_Addiction said:
The whole thing about the plight of the poor pisses me the fuck off. There are very few "poor" if you think about it. Poor does not mean you have to stay that way. Let's consider a few things that make up the "poor." How many of the "poor" are the single mom's that fell for Dre and his mouth full of gold or Bobby Ray and his cool Trans-Am. Dumbass bitches should have known better. They made themselves a statistic. How many are drug addicted POS? Choosing drugs over work is not going place in a decent income bracket. Oh that is right,WORK! Well my grand pappy had to pick cotton for free so why should I have to work?

Education! How many innercity and Hayseedville assholes go to high school and not do shit? Act all bad with the teachers, use the gangsta rappa as role model. Then bitch that they are poor.

I know all about being poor! Was broke, homeless and a recently released convicted felon two years ago. Next month I am about to expand my business with a wrecker service. It cost me a lot of hard work. Yeah, work! What a concept. The rest of the guys that were released when I was? Still in the gutter where the want to be, so they can complain about being poor.
I was thinking more along the lines of..oh..say...farmers, auto plant workers, automechanics, welders, policemen, teachers, etc...etc.. You know...the "REAL" poor people. Those that work their ASSES off to be paid some SHIT wage because of mostly republican policy that ensures they are paid such low amounts. Dean, Gore, Clinton, these are piss poor excuses for Democratic leaders.
Get over yourselves and GW. :rolleyes

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
SD72GSXR said:
I was thinking more along the lines of..oh..say...farmers, auto plant workers, automechanics, welders, policemen, teachers, etc...etc.. You know...the "REAL" poor people. Those that work their ASSES off to be paid some SHIT wage because of mostly republican policy that ensures they are paid such low amounts. Dean, Gore, Clinton, these are piss poor excuses for Democratic leaders.
hmm....most the peeps you listed generally make over $35k a year if not more, i really wouldn't say they're poor

:shrug

·
Moderator,
5,464 Posts
SD72GSXR said:
UAW and non-UAW assembly workers in the car plants are making serious coin. The entry level wage is around $25 an hour with a high school education, plus benefits and a $0 co-pay health care plan. (edit) Some skilled trades (welders, electricians, etc) make $30 or better and also get loads of overtime. In '97 when I had a group of electricians working for me in Michigan, I had one guy complain that he took a $30k pay cut that year. He only made $104k that year from $136 the year before. All from overtime.

The auto mechanics that are working in my area here range from $22-28/hour for the good techs, $14-18 for the entry level guys. Most of them get about 50 hours a week.

They are not poor. And many of them realize that there are other options than following blindly along with the union's political ideals.

·
King of something
4,583 Posts
Anything under 50K a year is pretty poor.
Considering the cost of houses, land and cars.
35K for a teacher is ridiculous, a cop is lucky to clear 40K, farmers seldom make enough to keep their farms and not everyone is in the union.
Besides 25 bucks an hour is nothing to write home about.

·
Moderator,
5,464 Posts
SD72GSXR said:
Anything under 50K a year is pretty poor.
Considering the cost of houses, land and cars.
35K for a teacher is ridiculous, a cop is lucky to clear 40K, farmers seldom make enough to keep their farms and not everyone is in the union.
$25 plus benefits. When you count in the cost of benefits, it works out closer to $38/hour.

Starting salary for the cops here, not in the city, is about $65k.

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
SD72GSXR said:

wow...if i made $25/hr. i'd have more toy's then you and they'd all be from this decade.....:laughing

btw, w/ your thinking i'm def. poor. can i ask for welfare then?

man, what are you thinking.....$7-8/hr is poor. $25/hr is livin high on the hog for MOST peeps.....

·
Registered
138 Posts
:rolleyes

This message board has been reduced to an elmentary school playground. What use to be intelligent conversation by people who respected other peoples views, realized we don't all agree, and just enjoyed mature debate among adults to get other peoples point of view. Has been reduced to a bunch of immature adults competing with one another to post the most ridiculous, closed minded, self centered, banter they can come up with. "Replublicans are destroying this country." "Democrats are a bunch of weak pussies". "Mexicans are ruining our culture". "Blacks are a bunch of thugs who should go back to Africa." blah blah blah blah blah.

I don't visit this board half as much as I used to because three quarters of the grandstands is filled with a bunch of rah rah ideological speeches and very little well thought out arguments for and against your point of view. Just the low brow "Democrats are commies" , "Bush is a knuckle dragging idiot".

This is my last post on this board. But I'll leave all with a message. Grow up, open your mind, and stop acting like you live in a bubble where everyone thinks like you and shares your values. LISTEN, to others point of view, it might change your own. And for God sake adults don't resorting to name calling, and generalization, thats what children do.

Jeremy

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.