Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i formed an oil leak the other day. she's getting rebuilt. might as well, get her ported and polished with a PC3-r and fast by feracci map and clutch. should be nice. yeah, yeah, yeah, i know i cant ride. just wanting to share my enthusiasm.

on another note...late this month i am going to valle lunga in roma to ride the new ZX10-R on the track (FREE!!!). ill post pics.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
know the right people, i told you ive got a great mechanic. im not resposible for the bike either, meaning i can ride it hard and only worry about MY safety. my mechanic told me that Ducati brought 6 brand new 999's to cellole to let him and whoever else ride them to test em' and left with 6 broken brand new 999's. pretty cool. he's shown me pics of him riding 250cc 2stroke moto gp bikes, so i kinda believe him.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks dude.

i tested my bike yesteday, it was nice, but i only had it for about 5 minutes in gaeta so i wasnt able to stretch run it out, felt good though. brought her back to the shop, the head gasket was leaking oil, he said he had to tighten down the head bolts a little more and it should be good. pushing 138hp at the rear wheel now, not bad for port and polish, exhaust and a power commander. the best part is the mid throttle response, should prove useful at the track and the mountains.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, i broke down and bought a cheap tank cam off ebay for $25, you can still send me yours-its probaly better than mine. i had it on my friends r1, while i was riding the ducati st4, the only thing is...he cant keep up, so its not that great. i put it on the duck on the A1 and ran out of battery. now that i have my bike back...gotta get a couple longer gas tank screws so i can mount it on my bike. there is this one highway around the support site that is incredible, ill get it if it ever stops raining.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts