Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom needs a way to record sessions with possible clients and then make a CD of the session so the person can replay it out of the office. What she ideally wants is to have herself and the client listening to music while she talks to them over the music and record this. I found some editing software but I am not sure how to set everything up. I was thinking about just recording her speech and then going back and laying it over any music she wanted to that way she could choose the right length music to use. But that is going to end up being very time consuming. Any other ideas on overall setup?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
cesj said:
My mom needs a way to record sessions with possible clients and then make a CD of the session so the person can replay it out of the office. What she ideally wants is to have herself and the client listening to music while she talks to them over the music and record this. I found some editing software but I am not sure how to set everything up. I was thinking about just recording her speech and then going back and laying it over any music she wanted to that way she could choose the right length music to use. But that is going to end up being very time consuming. Any other ideas on overall setup?

use a cheap radio shack mixing board to
run and balance all the audio inputs, then run from that into the computer input

use Audacity (sorceforge.net) for the
capture, editing/mixing/multitracking

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
If she wants to use a pc, there are about a zillion options. One of the best sounding and easiest interfaces is M-Audio's Firewire interface. Then she would just need a decent large diaphram condenser microphone, some recording software and she'll be able to produce near studio quality recordings.

I'd suggest adding the music later. I'm kind of busy right at the moment or I'd go more in-depth. Just let me know if you have any questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts