Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
OptimusP517 said:
Any place that takes it for free or has the lowest service charge for recycling computers & components?
FYI computers, televisions, and electronic devices like that are usually classified as hazardous waste, due to the heavy metals content in the circuit boards.

You'd best check with King County Solid Waste, and see where the nearest drop-off station is. If it is like Snohomish County it will be free to drop off.

·
STEW'S LOVE CHILD
20,003 Posts
Re: Re: Recycling computers? Where to go?

Drinky-Crow said:
If it is like Snohomish County it will be free to drop off.
just drive up to the paine feild transfer station and go to the recycling part and drop it off with the 10,000 other computers they have sitting there. Free and Easy

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Recycling computers? Where to go?

briF4i said:
just drive up to the paine feild transfer station and go to the recycling part and drop it off with the 10,000 other computers they have sitting there. Free and Easy
It's not free. There is a fee for TV's & PC's.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Recycling computers? Where to go?

briF4i said:

Nope not free in Snohomish County. $14.00 for the monitor $10.00 for the towar. Check Curcuit city in your area they are cheap to drop them off. Or pm me and I will get you the other locations. I work for sno. co. solid waste.

·
STEW'S LOVE CHILD
20,003 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Recycling computers? Where to go?

aprilsrain2004 said:
Nope not free in Snohomish County. $14.00 for the monitor $10.00 for the towar. Check Curcuit city in your area they are cheap to drop them off. Or pm me and I will get you the other locations. I work for sno. co. solid waste.
interesting. A few years back it was free I think:confused oh well I always see piles of them there. The best thing to do is put it on craigs list for free and make it someone elses problem:laughing

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Electronics must be different now. My bad.

I hauled a crap-load of old paint, lead tire weights, cleaning solvents, and gunpowder to the Everett solid waste dropoff a few years back. No charge.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
iredlinemy///m3 said:
Re-PC?

Its in the SODO area.... not sure if they just take items, or charge for it.... maybe call them?
:werd:

They have about the best prices around. I dumped off a couple of old minitors there a while back, and they where $7 each at the time.

You can give them a call and they will quote you.

They are also in Auburn, back behind the mall, if your down south, and dont want to deal with the SODO traffic maze.

www.repc.com

EDIT:

Ok, i went to the website, and looked at their Recycling FAQ.

Yes, for some items and quantities. The current (as of January, 2004)rate structure is as follows:
Computer CRT's : $10.00 each
Televisions up to 19": $25.00 each
Televisions 20"and over: $35.00 each
CPU Boxes: $5.00 each
Printers: $5.00 each
Copiers: (small) $20.00 (large) $50.00 Line Printers: $50.00
Battery Back-ups: $5.00 each
Peripherals and other misc: No charge unless very large quantity or excessive weight or difficult to move.
They also have a link on their website to other PC recycling centers in the King County area. So definately check that out. Heres the link

http://www.metrokc.gov/dnrp/swd/electronics/recyclers.asp

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
There's a PC Recycle on 44th AVE in Lynnwood - near where the old Stoppies used to be. I think it's on 212th, just about 400 yards west of 44th AVE.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
I dropped all my stuff at Staples in Lynnwood. They said they take any computer and assorted paraphenalia. Now that you guys are saying that places charge to recycle them it's got me wondering..... I went to Staples with all my crap in the car, went in and bought a chair and asked about recycling and he said to grab a cart and bring it on in. When I came back in with the cart full of crap all the checkers were busy and nobody was acknowledging that I was just dropping stiff for recycle so I just left the cart at the customer service counter and walked out. I'm glad I took out the HD so they can't hassle me for dumping. :laughing

·
Track Whore in training
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Shocker said:
I dropped all my stuff at Staples in Lynnwood. They said they take any computer and assorted paraphenalia. Now that you guys are saying that places charge to recycle them it's got me wondering..... I went to Staples with all my crap in the car, went in and bought a chair and asked about recycling and he said to grab a cart and bring it on in. When I came back in with the cart full of crap all the checkers were busy and nobody was acknowledging that I was just dropping stiff for recycle so I just left the cart at the customer service counter and walked out. I'm glad I took out the HD so they can't hassle me for dumping. :laughing
damn you should've taken mine along with your stuff, bastage! I gotta pay to get the stuff taken cared of. I'll probably shoot down monday to do it over at RE-PC. I got 2 tower and 1 flat panel to throw away (trust me the flat panel is not compatible with anything else cause it was made by sony!).

·
Registered
223 Posts
You guys are getting screwed. I just dropped off a whole bunch of old work computers and monitors at the Thurston County Transfer Station. $5 per monitor and that was it. They told me to trash the PCs with the rest of the garbage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts