Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of sticking some reflective vinyl on a motorcycle? I want to make my bike more noticable in the dark.
I was thinking of sticking some in the rear, side, and front fairings so i can be seen from all sides. may some stripes on the rims.

They make different colors like black/white/red/etc.

maybe something like this site:
autopinstripes com

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks rookwv, hook it up w/ more links if you can.
im going to see if theres any place that sells that locally. anyone have suggestions??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Go to a truck stop of auto shop. They have commercial reflective stripping in rolls or 16" strip. Its red 4" then white 4" cut it how ever. VERY reflective.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Post some photo if u get the reflective vinyl on your motorcycle

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ask your local body shop to point you in the direction of a vinal shop that deals in 3M products. I bought a couple of feet for next to nothing (actualy asked for samples to try to match my car rims) and re-did the stock stickers in graphite stickers that reflect white when light hits them... (think stealth cruisers for cops)
Only downside is that its much thicker than regular vinal so tight compound curves were next to imposable to do.. luckly I didn't have any on my bike..... :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i called the local truck stops and no one has any, ill try the local pepboys/autozone/kragens and see if they have anything like it.

thanks guys for the links!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts