Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just opened some stuff from an aunt. I received a "Lord & Taylor flashlight tool kit". Had her name written on the bottom with "from..." This was my birthday/Christmas gift. My wife received a gift certificate to a nice restaurant with a name whited out and her name written in. They expired last week.

I don't mind the idea of a regift, but don't make it so obvious. She's loaded, but feels obligated to send gifts. I've told her many times that it won't hurt my feelings to not talk with her. I don't want to seem ungrateful, but what a bunch of bullshit. Then she'll be upset if I don't call her.

Anyone else getting an obvious regift this year?

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,280 Posts
Jester27 said:
Just opened some stuff from an aunt. I received a "Lord & Taylor flashlight tool kit". Had her name written on the bottom with "from..." This was my birthday/Christmas gift. My wife received a gift certificate to a nice restaurant with a name whited out and her name written in. They expired last week.

I don't mind the idea of a regift, but don't make it so obvious. She's loaded, but feels obligated to send gifts. I've told her many times that it won't hurt my feelings to not talk with her. I don't want to seem ungrateful, but what a bunch of bullshit. Then she'll be upset if I don't call her.

Anyone else getting an obvious regift this year?
eh... wrap 'em back up and send 'em to her as her gift. :D:D

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Re: Re: regifts

PrtclMn001 said:
eh... wrap 'em back up and send 'em to her as her gift. :D:D
:laughing :laughing :laughing

I had an aunt like that who gave pathetic gifts ......In fact, she did that to all of us cousins when we were kids.....It got so bad that we could never open the gift in public because we'd all start cracking up that we had to leave the room.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Leave a flaming bag on her porch.

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,280 Posts
kraken said:
Leave a flaming bag on her porch.
just make sure you hide in the bushes and get pics of her stomin' it out... make sure you get a good shot of the splatters... :laughing

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Am I the only one who gets pissed about getting regifts that are shitty? I know it's the thought that counts, but at least put some thought into it. :rant

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.