Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I register a 1975 Honda cb360 bought in Missouri that has a clean vin but no title? Seller did not want to go through the hassle of applying for a duplicate Missouri title and sold it to me with a signed bill of sale. Do I have to register it in a no title state like Vermont then transfer the title to Missouri or is there another way? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was just binging the same question and arrived here. I think one variable is if it has ever been titled in Missouri before. You might have to pay property tax from a previous date to present, but I'm not sure how that works. The late registration fees max out at $200. They might have to assign a new VIN if no previous title can be established, but then it's a probably a pain in a** if you ever move to another state because they may not recognize it. You'll probably need to just go to the DMV and explain your situation and see what they say. Let me know what you find out. I have tentative plans to tag mine, but it needs work to make it street legal. Figured I'd stop in at the DMV next time I was nearby with free time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts