Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some Sportbiker went down on 337 today. I was out riding there and the roads, up until noon were God Awful. Fog and mist had kept them slick. Even after it burned off there were still some bad patches.

Also a BMW bike with an older couple riding it broke the rear tire loose on a blind turn on 337. He straightened it up but crossed the yellow line and ran head on into a Dooley Pick-up. Both were killed. I rode up on that one. The slick roads were to blame on that one also. A pretty depressing day of riding.:( :( :(

·
Registered
90 Posts
that's a real shame. sadly this is no shock to me or anyone on the board.

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sonora is about 2 hours west of San Antonio on I-10. Takes me about an hour and a half to get to 337 in the Hill Country.

The wreck with the sportbike happened behind me. I heard abouot it on the way back. The people who told me own a store
that I stop at all of the time. They thought it was me because they were told that a blue Yamaha Sportbike had gone down, and this was just a few minutes after I left. As I was leaving I waved at a guy on an R1 who was fueling up. I have wondered all day if it was him.

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
That sucks

A group of cruisers flagged me down going into a corner today - at the exit a 17y/o kid on a small standard-style bike had ran wide off the road. Luckily, the rider was uninjured (but pretty dirty), and it just looked like minor cosmetic damage to the bike. He went off into some nice soft sand and leaves. Might we all be so lucky...

·
Tequila Baron
2,879 Posts
Ugh that's awful and I was just on 337 on Friday. RIP my brothers and sisters

·
Where we going?
3,221 Posts
My biggest fear is making a mistake on the bike while my girlfriend is on board. I don't know if I'd be able to live with myself if I got her hurt or worse. :(

Needless to say I exercise excessive caution when we ride together.

That's really sad. RIP to the couple, and I hope that the sportbiker recovers.

·
At BANNED Camp
16,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chris S said:
I drove 337 Sat. and Sun this weekend in my cage, and had no idea...glad I didn't see it.

RIP... :(
Were you in a Black Beemer Covertible? Two guys and a girl?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
:(

·
EGYPT
1,987 Posts
MAKES ME WONDER!

GOD IS IT REALY WORTH IT, i love riding and i've only been doing it for 2 months, but it sure does send chivers down my spine when i hear about these stories!:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts