·
Moderator,
8,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a local board

Cut and Pasted from Washington Post.com

VIRGINIA

Motorcyclist hits officer, dies in wreck:
A 28-year-old Manassas motorcyclist who refused to stop for a Fairfax County police officer Monday struck another officer and then was killed when he hit a stopped vehicle, Fairfax County police said.
The motorcyclist, Chekandio Williams of Barbados Lane, died at the scene, police said. Officer Kevin Turney is in serious condition at Inova Fairfax Hospital.
Police said Williams was driving a 2002 Yamaha south on the Fairfax County Parkway near Burke Centre Parkway about 3 p.m. when an officer tried to stop him for speeding. Williams did not stop and made a U-turn, police said. Williams's motorcycle struck Turney and then struck an SUV that Turney had pulled over.

Quote from R1Elvis
From what I heard from Shaun from Blalock he had a CBR600f4I that he bought like 3 months ago and had it dropped 3 times before he left the lot. Then when he returned to trade it in 3 months later because "all his boys were getting R1's" he proceeded to buy an R1. They tried to talk him out of it but couldn't. Poor guy. I wish his family well.
My .02 on the subject
We need a new smiley. One where a stupid looking smiley wanders aimlessly until he is eaten by a bear.

That would represent Darwinism. It used to be that idiots and fools were taken care of by nature. Mankind has subverted the whole Darwinian process, now fools thrive. I guess many seek shelter in politics. Who knows.

:eating

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Im getting tired of these posers making us real riders look bad!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
lightner22 said:
Hope the cop recovers fully.
Amen to that. And I feel sympathy for the dead guys loved ones. Wonder if his "boys" will even notice?

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
RIP and speedy recovery to the officer!

·
Where we going?
3,221 Posts
I'll have sympathy for the guys family and friends because they weren't the idiots. They just have to deal with losing their loved one. It doesn't matter to them that the guy was an idiot, there pain is still very real, and they probably didn't do anything wrong.

I don't have sympathy for the fallen rider because he was an idiot. I however won't say he was better off dead. He was a living breathing person with friends and family. He would have been better off with some common sense. :(

Who I really feel bad for is the cop. He was doing his job. A dangerous one at that, and this guy almost killed him by acting like an idiot. I hope that he recovers well.

:(

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Hope the officer recovers fully, and I wish the families well.

SprintST said:
Wonder if his "boys" will even notice?
Chances are they'll notice, blame the police, and continue to be idiots on bikes while terrorizing the police or making rude comments, etc... :(

Just my .02 though

·
Moderator,
8,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ReyndoggRSV said:

Darwin at work, yes...but does stupidity warrant death? :(
Does stupidity warrant death? Usually not. But Death often follows the stupid and strikes when an opportunity presents itself. Unfortunately, Death will take someone other than the stupid. It could easily have been the officer that died and the rider surviving. In which case it may have qualified for the death penalty. I would not have objected.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts