Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a photo/video/Mp3 player and wanted to know how to rip DVD's to play on it. Also, is there a way to get shows recorded on my Comcast DVR box into my PC or this new player?

BTW, I just got the wife a Wolverine MVP9000 60GB unit at the Business Costco expo for $300

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most Hated said:
Talking about copying from a DVD to a Burned DVD?

No, I just want to be able to play my legally bought movies on my Laptop or this new Player. The rep at Costco said to rip it to Divx and it will be well compressed and good quality. How much space do movies usually take up compressed like this?

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Or is it?
8,379 Posts
Ahhh, Divx is anywhere from 600 to 800 megs. last time i converted a Divx movie was a few years ago, and it took about two - three hours for coding...

You have a PM neil..

·
STEW'S LOVE CHILD
20,003 Posts
what format does it support. I use a program called pocket dvd to rip them .wmv's and put them on my phone. It works really well and you can chose the size to fit different screen sizes. for my phone it's 320x240 and a typical moive is about 200mb's

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
briF4i said:
what format does it support. I use a program called pocket dvd to rip them .wmv's and put them on my phone. It works really well and you can chose the size to fit different screen sizes. for my phone it's 320x240 and a typical moive is about 200mb's
Features:

Store and Play thousands of music, video, photos, digital recordings and any computer data on the Wolverine MVP portable mass storage device
60GBâ€_ capacity hard drive (shows as 55.8GB formatted as FAT32)
2.5� high resolution TFT LCD Color display to view picture, video and manage contents
Read, transfer from and write to 7 different types of memory cards without a computer
Compact Flash Type I/II (CF)
Smart Media
Memory Stick (MS)
MS Pro
Secure Digital Card (SD)/ MMC
MicroDrive
xD using included SM memory card slot
Read additional type of cards using adapters (not provided): Mini-SD; RS-MMC; MS Duo and MS Pro Duo
NTSC/PAL TV out
Use it as an External Hard Drive to backup all y our computer data or as a memory card reader/ write
Battery operated- high capacity 1800 mA/h rechargeable and interchangeable Li-ion internal battery allows up to 20GB of memory cards data transfer or 8 hours of music playback or 3/5 hours of photo or video playback n a single charge
Copy, Paste, Delete and organize files without a computer
Photo viewer supports: JPEG, TIFF, BMP
and RAW format
Video viewer supports: MPEG-1, MPEG-4
and DivX-5x format
MP3 player supports: WMA, ACC
and WAV audio formats
High speed USB 2.0 connection (backward compatible with USB1.1)
Convenient universal AC/DC (100V-240V) adapter
Warranty: 1 Year
Dimensions:5.04� L x 3.01� W x 1.18� H
Weight: 10 ounces

The movies on the demo unit were amazingly crisp and they said if I was travelling I could plug the video out into a TV at a hotel and it plays just like it was in original DVD format. :shrug

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ZXLNT said:
Shocker what model DVR do you have. There is a way to get the videos off the DVR onto your computer. You have to use a Firewire port and special drivers for the DVR box...
Motorola just says dual tuner HDTV receiver.... :shrug

·
STEW'S LOVE CHILD
20,003 Posts
briF4i said:
also it will do .avi's too and it was like 30 some odd dollars and is called pocket dvd studio. It's a simple easy program to use. Look into it http://www.pqdvd.com/

·
STEW'S LOVE CHILD
20,003 Posts
The Shocker said:
Features:

Video viewer supports: MPEG-1, MPEG-4
and DivX-5x format

The movies on the demo unit were amazingly crisp and they said if I was travelling I could plug the video out into a TV at a hotel and it plays just like it was in original DVD format. :shrug
well the program I told you about might work. The .avi uses the divx codec. try the free trail and see if it works. It will let you do like 10 mins of video. If it works I'd go with that

·
Registered
60 Posts
dvd2svcd is the easiest. as far as i know it encodes to divx also. the way i do it is alot more complicated, and the files come out to about 702 megs a piece...some dvds go to 2 avi files

1 - 14 of 14 Posts