Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Trackday Whore
4,788 Posts
It was actually warm enough to ride yesterday. Anything above freezing is fair weather.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
How cold IS it there?

·
Trackday Whore
4,788 Posts
It's nice today, and getting warmer tomorrow through Friday. High expected to be around 60. 58 forcasted for new years day.

It's been bone cold though, got down to single digit lows last week which was capped off by a nice icy, snowy mess. Pretty white Christmas though!

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
angelgtchick said:
How cold IS it there?
Funny you ask? We were just talking about a trip in April to Helen GA. Your not that far away from Helen are you?

I guess Chad answered the weather thing.

What is the weather like down your way?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
MotoRider said:
Funny you ask? We were just talking about a trip in April to Helen GA. Your not that far away from Helen are you?

I guess Chad answered the weather thing.

What is the weather like down your way?
It pretty much stays between 26 & 50. Personally, I love it. It's not snowing though, just cold and the wind is freezing.

Helen is about an hour or more northish from here. Have you ever been there?

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
angelgtchick said:
It pretty much stays between 26 & 50. Personally, I love it. It's not snowing though, just cold and the wind is freezing.

Helen is about an hour or more northish from here. Have you ever been there?
Yes several times. I love it there. Lots of fun in town and the roads are fantastic. Do you do alot of riding in that area?

·
"TWISTIES WHIPPER"
824 Posts
omg, i just started up my bike.. and it sounds damn gooooood,.,,, it has a deep throaty rumble sound.. I dont have the pc III commander yet and i want to ride my bike to work tomorrow.. can i ride the bike without it hurting my bike? will it tear my bike up? how will it ride?

·
Trackday Whore
4,788 Posts
Since you put on a full exhaust, it will most likely run a bit lean. You might hear some popping, and notice a rise in engine temp.

I don't think riding it without a PCIII will hole a piston or anything, just won't run as well as it should. Be warned, when you install that PCIII, your fuel mileage will go to hell in a handbasket!

My FJR dropped from 44mpg down to 33mpg until I loaded a custom map that got it back up to about 38mpg.

Bike runs much smoother though. Not really any faster, since I still have the stock headers (I've only got the Holeshot slip-ons and a K&N).

·
"TWISTIES WHIPPER"
824 Posts
thanks chad for ur cooperation....

i started my bike and rode it around the neighborhood and ya i notice some flat spots, to lean, it made some popping noises... but other than that it sounds awesome..

i really dont care about gas mileage..

·
"TWISTIES WHIPPER"
824 Posts
ahahahaha.... . .thxs for the secrets sean.. :laughing

my pcIII came in and im getting installed on tomorrow and im going riding saturday on the polar bear ride.. u gonna let me ride behind ya chad? muhaha

·
Trackday Whore
4,788 Posts
PCIII is a snap to install. You'll be in the road in less than an hour, unless your FI wiring harness is a bitch to get to or something. It was easy on the FJR.

Picked up the Ducati today. Took it out for a quick 50 mile run. Roads were still dirty from the ice and snow. Lots of left over road salt, and for some reason, mud. Really had to keep my speed down and keep a sharp eye out for slippery stuff. All on top of the fact that I had on new tires, which weren't scrubbed in yet.

The new forks and brake lines are sweet! I'd forgotten how much fun the Ducati is to ride. It's nothing special, but man, that bike speaks to ya.

I've got tomorrow off, so I'm sure I'll get out and ride a bit. I'll be riding on Saturday morning too. 60+ degrees in December....HELL YES I'm riding!

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea! Everything looks ago for New Years. Weather is good, Bike is ready. I am planning to attend :D

Everybody planning to meet at Shoneys? 200 miles is route laid out.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
MotoRider said:
Yes several times. I love it there. Lots of fun in town and the roads are fantastic. Do you do alot of riding in that area?
Not yet :) I haven't ridden in a while, but I am sure that area is fun.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.