Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Il Moderatore,
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a red Diversion "Daytona" (b-day present from my girl) last week. It comes with a light smoke shield. I think the shield is thicker than my Arai. Its a bit of a pain to replace the shield because you need a "tool" to remove the side plates (unlike Arai's). The venting is good. The cushion/pads inside the helmet is as good as an Arai. Wind noise (whistling noise) is definitely less, especially when you look sideways.

And its the only lid that's approved for motorcycle AND auto racing use. Sizing is the same as an Arai also. It doesn't use a D-ring to fasten the strap, it uses a seat-belt style fastener - which is very easy to use, you can lock it and release it with one hand - with your glove on. It isn't DOT/Snell approved but, it is legal in Europe and Europe has stricter lid testing rules than DOT/Snell (as I've heard and read).

All in all, I'm happy with it. :)

·
Il Moderatore,
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The pic above has the dark shield - have to buy that separately.

·
Where we going?
3,221 Posts
I thought they looked nice when I saw one. Rez swears by them. Looks nice :D

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
If I had to buy a new helmet right now, that's one of the top 2 I'd pick. Cool helmet, I'm glad to hear you like the ventilation, that's a big concern of mine. I wouldn't keep the smoke shield on though, too much night riding.

·
Forum Leader,
6,102 Posts
Nice helmet...and great pic!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts