Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I miss my daggone stars
12,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so you all are wondering why it's up and what’s the deal...while still being pissed that it ever went down.

BUT.....

It happened, we're sorry it happened, but it happened :(

Time to move on.

NOW....you've either found a new home here or you're still searching maybe hoping for the phoenix to rise out of the desert and return to it's old glory.

That won't happen! And all the pissing and moaning in the WORLD won't bring it back or right the wrong Fred has done to you personally :confused whatever that is.

Look, Fred did what he did for his own reasons, shoot, it was HIS SITE. So lets just leave it alone and let a dying, beaten to death horse, lie in peace.

Yes it's back up, on a temp server so the speed is greatly decreased, and yes you can go back...noone is stopping you....actually we welcome you to TRY to find the best forum for YOU! Noone wants an unhappy guest/member ;)

BUT PLEASE stop posting about how much you hate SBN and what a mistake Fred has made/is making/will make.

Even though there was some harsh words for a few days we all actually have made peace and agreed this was the best thing for all parties involved...EVEN ALL OF YOU as mad as this made some of you.

I mean LOOK.....SBN's demise meant the start of Stuntlife :thumb a place where stunt riders can hang....see....no more kneedraggers vs stunters crap :cool: and sportbikes.ws was discovered by many....a site that remains "PG" for the rider who doesn't desire the language and nudity that SBN had.

And then there is cycleforums. The alternative that is almost like what you're use to, only different :D

Chose what you will folks, but no more SBN/Fred bashing :shake

It's getting a little old :( and we need to move FORWARD and not linger in the past :D

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Hold on, I still see the horse twitching...

***BAM ***

Ok, it's dead now...

:D

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hear Hear it is absoulutly nessasary to keep a good standing in this community and not speak ill of those involved

·
CF's Official Bookie and Trivia God
9,070 Posts
Yea
CASTER FOR PRESIDENT
Way to put it

Peace Out

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Yeah, there has been a lot of sbn/fred bashing going on. Seriously, if sbn didn't go down, we all wouldn't have this totally kick ass site now so I don't get what everyone is upset about. This site is so damn big there is a perfect forum for everyone. Hell, I've been searching for some of the forums I've been too and can't even find them again haha... This place is huge and fast..... Thanks again Rez and everyone else that made this happen.....

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think some of this is my fault. I didn't know why sbn went down so i started a thread asking about it. I'm sorry if i dredged up something that alot of folks still had such strong feelings about.

·
Premium Member
8,277 Posts
I kinda figured this might take a while..... hell, it's only been a week that CF has been up and running, but I agree with Castor.... I hate Blake... I mean, LET IT DIE!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Too funny... I just wish I would have gotten a notice or something bout the move... I know I don't drop into the sites as much as I would like to... working kinda keeps me bizzy... and the free time I do get I try to spend it on the bike or out cutting up with frenz... but nonetheless... I'm prolly gonna frequent both.

Nitti

P.S. any other Mississippi folx here... hit me with pm's we'll ride sometime... Aiight???

Jamus34 said:
Hold on, I still see the horse twitching...

***BAM ***

Ok, it's dead now...

·
Registered
189 Posts
The Thai peeps have an expression, "Gaah-oh thdohk thdaak" which means, "the glass is already broken". It's shattered into a zillion pieces and you'll never put it back together again.

So just let it go.

I browsed through the .ws site. It's okay. Is it mostly Christian? Just wonderin', not hatin'.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Caster you always did have a way with words bud! Nicely said.

·
Registered
15 Posts
pjacktpa said:
The Thai peeps have an expression, "Gaah-oh thdohk thdaak" which means, "the glass is already broken". It's shattered into a zillion pieces and you'll never put it back together again.

So just let it go.

I browsed through the .ws site. It's okay. Is it mostly Christian? Just wonderin', not hatin'.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been lurking here trying to see how CF would shape up to in the light of SBN going down, and While I would say SBN was alright, the CF is much better. I think being a Cycles forum opens up the community to other riders yet the old community has a home. And it already seems like there is more moderator influence here (Like this post) than SBN, which is helping keep CF from degenerating as SBN did, b/4 the split. Hopefully there will be a place for both sites, but I think the old SBN was growing beyond what was originally invisioned and the work load was not being kept up with. In any case I really like the work done here, so keep it up guys!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes but....

I would like to Thank Rezin and all the rest for making a place where all of us alike and unalike can have a place where we feel most at home at to post and hang with our buds. This is important to all of us. Once again, THANKS.

You guys are awesome and a special thanks to HAWKER for all the web sites for my bike. :D :D

·
Moderator,
1,975 Posts
I had a great time there and made many new friends but its over and its time to meet more new riders here and stay in touch with the ones I knew from SBN. How could that be bad :confused :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts