Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
382 Posts
the carpet will just be yanked out from under your feet again sooner or later....
 

·
EGYPT
Joined
·
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BLOW ME

why don't you spell CHECK deez nuts biatch!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
If you have a problem with someone's post and it does not involve content but rather context, please conduct your discussion by PM, and not trash up this board. Rezin is working hard to keep information useful and on topic. Let's not "SBN" this board.

I'm staying with Rezin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
I see what you mean. However the title is not very specific about staying with only cycle issues.

We can at least try to keep DC Area Riders free from that kind of trash. I really don't want to go back to SBN and I would not care to read five or six boards to get local information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
usroadscholar said:
I see what you mean. However the title is not very specific about staying with only cycle issues.

We can at least try to keep DC Area Riders free from that kind of trash. I really don't want to go back to SBN and I would not care to read five or six boards to get local information.
I hate to say this, Bill, but to get exactly what you want, start your own board. You're stuck with the personalities of the folks in this area, and not everyone is interested in a forum that is for discussing local rides ONLY. Send a PM to Rezin and ask him to start a "usroadscholar's rides and nothing but rides" forum or throw up a cheapo message board at www.usroadscholardoesnotwanttodiscussanythingbutrides.com and you'll be golden. Good luck in either venture.

On occassion, I reply to a thread that really should be elsewhere, like "My Kawasaki won't start," because there are dedicated forums for Kawis and tech questions, and limiting the question to the DC area is kind of silly. But pointless threads that are only of interest to the DC area, such as "Barry is gay" really wouldn't go anywhere in Open Forums, so they're better discussed in here.
 

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
2,332 Posts
O.W. Kenobi said:
I hate to say this, Bill, but to get exactly what you want, start your own board. You're stuck with the personalities of the folks in this area, and not everyone is interested in a forum that is for discussing local rides ONLY. Send a PM to Rezin and ask him to start a "usroadscholar's rides and nothing but rides" forum or throw up a cheapo message board at www.usroadscholardoesnotwanttodiscussanythingbutrides.com and you'll be golden. Good luck in either venture.

On occassion, I reply to a thread that really should be elsewhere, like "My Kawasaki won't start," because there are dedicated forums for Kawis and tech questions, and limiting the question to the DC area is kind of silly. But pointless threads that are only of interest to the DC area, such as "Barry is gay" really wouldn't go anywhere in Open Forums, so they're better discussed in here.
I just wanted to second O.W. Kenobi's observation. I'd simply suggest titling threads with appropriate topics, such as "Skyline Drive ride on 10/10/02." Then only check those threads that pique your interest.

Also, please try to keep any sbn bashing to a minimum… Bad Karma and all…
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,192 Posts
VFRBill said:
I just wanted to second O.W. Kenobi's observation. I'd simply suggest titling threads with appropriate topics, such as "Skyline Drive ride on 10/10/02." Then only check those threads that pique your interest.
I'll ask, but from your post I assume that there is about ZERO chance of getting a "DC Area Rides" sub-forum.


Also, please try to keep any sbn bashing to a minimum… Bad Karma and all… [/B]


I suggest that if SBN sucked, it was due to the people who frequented it, not Fred or any moderator. The reality is that if you think SBN sucked, expect cycleforums.com to suck too...

Barry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
Barry said:


I suggest that if SBN sucked, it was due to the people who frequented it, not Fred or any moderator. The reality is that if you think SBN sucked, expect cycleforums.com to suck too...

Barry
Dude - you read my mind. Although I think SBN tanked for multiple reasons, one of which being the webmaster. The other reason was that it swelled out of control and turned into a garbage dump. But since most of those folks migrated over here, I predict that the same problems will exist. I'm spending most of my time on .ws now, but I'll probably check in here for the DC stuff, as the DC forum over on .ws isn't too active just yet.
 

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
2,332 Posts
Barry said:
I'll ask, but from your post I assume that there is about ZERO chance of getting a "DC Area Rides" sub-forum.
Hey, I can always pass along the suggestion. As an interim step, I'll try to sticky any appropriately titled threads for upcoming rides.
 

·
EGYPT
Joined
·
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
why all the negativity

guys i'm sure were gonna get sub state forums here as well...sbn was great and you know you loved it....and cycleforums is the bomb now as well...sbn is open again but its dead! everyone is migrating over here!:rolleyes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
my "other" forum... VWvortex.com has a neat lil feature were it wont even let you post if more than 1/2 of it is IN CAPS LOCKS!

That would be a VERY nice feature because our resident "ruff ryder" doesnt like to exercise that left pink of his
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
Dieder said:
my "other" forum... VWvortex.com has a neat lil feature were it wont even let you post if more than 1/2 of it is IN CAPS LOCKS!

That would be a VERY nice feature because our resident "ruff ryder" doesnt like to exercise that left pink of his
Looks like he reformed. Thanks Ruff Ryder!
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top